Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Interview Invites/Regrets 2019

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, stethoscope2019 said:

Lurked these forums forever, honoured to have gotten the invite!!! Didn't think it was possible, but here we are :D

Time Stamp: 1:54 PM
Invite/Reject:  Invite!!!

GPA: 3.45
CARS:  126
Casper:  Practiced A LOT. Read Doing Right, improved my typing speed. I think the most important thing was actually paying for practice and scoring (I used CASPerfect). Hit me up if you have questions.

Geography: IP

No offence, but you make this sound like an ad for paid CASPer material. 

1 minute ago, stethoscope2019 said:

Thanks! I also really messed up. I have a 129 CARS not a 126! There were posters like this a few years back (3.30 GPA and a 130 CARS) who gave me hope about CASPer, and that's what got me to take it seriously.

Hahahah, it's all good. With a CARS score of 126, I thought you were preying on the people with lower CARS scores and GPAs. But all good, congrats!

Invite/Reject: Invite

GPA: 3.67
CARS: 130
Casper: Felt okay, had regrets about some questions. Prepped a lot to make up for my subpar GPA. There are tons of free practice resources online which I definitely recommend.
Geography: IP

Hopefully will give some hope to people with "below average" GPAs. Very excited and nervous for the coming weeks. Congrats everyone and good luck :)

On 1/10/2019 at 2:11 PM, silverorlead said:

How likely is it to get an interview off the waitlist? Anyone know how many they waitlist vs how many actually decline an interview?

Unfortunately not very likely. People usually don't simply drop out of an interview even if the particular school isn't their dream school as an acceptance is not guaranteed elsewhere. Your only hope is some OOP people who are unable to make it to the mac interview. 

Archived