Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Interview Invites/Regrets 2019

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How concerned should I be if I haven't heard anything from Mcmaster? I applied long before the deadline and even have a confirmation email. I've been checking my email and OMSAS/OUAC since Jan 1st, considering I haven't seen a date on any website regarding when applicants find out if they have or haven't been invited to an interview. How concerned should I be? Any advice would be appreciated. I called Mcmaster today (theyre closed due to the weather) to see what happened. Has this happened to anyone before? 

5 minutes ago, 1090vb said:

How concerned should I be if I haven't heard anything from Mcmaster? I applied long before the deadline and even have a confirmation email. I've been checking my email and OMSAS/OUAC since Jan 1st, considering I haven't seen a date on any website regarding when applicants find out if they have or haven't been invited to an interview. How concerned should I be? Any advice would be appreciated. I called Mcmaster today (theyre closed due to the weather) to see what happened. Has this happened to anyone before? 

check your junk mail! thats where my rejection went lol

Time Stamp:  When everyone else got it lol
Invite/Reject: Invite

GPA: 3.99
CARS: 131
Casper: I got rejected last year with ever so slightly better stats, so thankfully my CASPER improved. However, I got rejected from Manitoba which weights CASPer similarly to mac (50% overall MCAT score, 20% GPA, 30% CASPer) and with my high GPA and 526 MCAT I obviously assumed that my CASPer was trash again this year. I was an incredibly slow typer last year (I never really used a laptop like most students). This year I improved my typing by a bit for CASPer (and a lot more in the months since I've been playing a lot of typing games lol, wish I did all this earlier). Even now, it's funny seeing other posters saying they "only get 4-5 sentences per answer" - that's barely less than how much I had cumulative for 3 answers last year loool. This year, I still only get 3 maybe 4 sentences per answer on average, but luckily my stats carried me. I still believe CASPer is... (don't want to say anything that somehow pisses off mac)... but nothing I say here will prove anything or change anything so I'll leave it as it is. 

Looking forward to the interview :) 

Geography: IP

Archived