Premed 101 Forums

5th Year WGPA

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering what would happen to my WGPA eligibility if I do not take full course load in my fifth year. I have taken full course load in my first fours years and i have all my prerequisite for graduation but one mandatory course. That is why I am taking this 5th year and I also added some courses to be full time.

Thanks a lot for your responses.

16 hours ago, Premed_Girl said:

I don't think that they care how many years you took to graduate (or your reasoning behind why you are doing a 5th year), but every single one of your years need to be full-course load in order for you to be eligible for wGPA.  

I'm pretty sure that if someone has legitimate reasons for taking less than a full course load or reasons behind taking 5 years to complete a degree, they can mention it in the Academic Explanations Essay, after which the Committee can decide whether or not to apply wGPA accordingly. 

17 minutes ago, dreamteam22 said:

I'm pretty sure that if someone has legitimate reasons for taking less than a full course load or reasons behind taking 5 years to complete a degree, they can mention it in the Academic Explanations Essay, after which the Committee can decide whether or not to apply wGPA accordingly. 

I doubt this is true.

GreedyGod - if you need wGPA to be competitive to apply then I would contact U of T Admin directly and ask before you decide to not take full courseload.

3 hours ago, Meridian said:

I doubt this is true.

GreedyGod - if you need wGPA to be competitive to apply then I would contact U of T Admin directly and ask before you decide to not take full courseload.

4 hours ago, dreamteam22 said:

Thanks a lot for the replies guys!

15 hours ago, Meridian said:

I doubt this is true.

You probably won't be given an answer (as to whether they have applied any accommodations w.r.t GPA), but they do take special circumstances into consideration as part of their pre-screening from what I have heard. For sure though, e-mail them to ask about your specific situation GreedyGod! 

Archived