cardiomed

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TIME STAMP: 10:46
Result: Invite :)

cGPA: 3.87; 
MCAT: No
Feeling about Casper: Didn't feel too good about it, but gave my most honest answers
ECs: Highlight: 2 publications which one as first author during my undergrad. FRQS, CIHR and Faculty scholarships. A lot executive roles in 3 different non profit organisations . Kickboxing amateur and others. PM me if interested. 
Year: finishing my M.Sc in physiology this summer. 

IP/OOP/International: IP

Letter of EC:  yes for one semester

Comments (Optional):  With my grades in Cegep and a 2.98 during my first undergrad year, a lot of people told me I would never make it and to think about changing career. I had a specific goal and I worked very hard to improve myself academically and also a lot personally. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and don't expect others to see it for you. And remember "there is no shortcut to anywhere worth going" .  

TIME STAMP: around 10:00
Result:
Waitlisted (Reviewed - Decision Pending)
cGPA: 3,92
Feeling about Casper: I did my application quite late and didn't have time to prep for the Casper test much, but I felt good afterwards...I guess if I wasn't rejected it wasn't that bad
ECs: Not much, mainly 1 summer research internship (with a CRSNG gran) and some work for Health Canada as I completed my B.Sc full time. Volunteering throughout the years for various causes but not that many hours in each case.
Year: graduated B.Sc Biology in 2018, currently doing my PharmD (1st year)

IP/OOP/International: IP

Letter of EC: No

Comments (Optional): this is my first time applying so I guess I'm happy it wasn't a rejection...hopefully I'm not too far on the waiting list and it will move a few spots :/ 

TIME STAMP: ~10:30

Result: Invited !!!!! 

cGPA: 3.99

MCAT:Not submitted

Feeling about Casper: I did not know too much after doing it... I guess it went well !

ECs: Nothing too big. Several years of volunteering with patients suffering from chronic diseases, school involvement, some conferences and abstracts as first author... Several research experiences etc

Year: I'll graduate this year (UG - third year) 

Letter of EC: No

Comments (Optional):Sooooooooo happy !!! First time I apply ! 

Just now, Gervaan said:

TIME STAMP: around 10:00
Result:
Waitlisted (Reviewed - Decision Pending)
cGPA: 3,92
Feeling about Casper: I did my application quite late and didn't have time to prep for the Casper test much, but I felt good afterwards...I guess if I wasn't rejected it wasn't that bad
ECs: Not much, mainly 1 summer research internship (with a CRSNG gran) and some work for Health Canada as I completed my B.Sc full time. Volunteering throughout the years for various causes but not that many hours in each case.
Year: graduated B.Sc Biology in 2018, currently doing my PharmD (1st year)

Comments (Optional): this is my first time applying so I guess I'm happy it wasn't a rejection...hopefully I'm not too far on the waiting list and it will move a few spots :/ 

Welcome to the club! 

TIME STAMP: 10:30
Result: Invite!

cGPA: 3.94
MCAT: No
Feeling about Casper: I guess it felt alright? Not great though as evidenced by Mac
ECs: NSERC CGSM and other research and academic scholarships (no pubs), music-related ECs, lots of leadership, some hospital volunteering, etc
Year: 2nd year MSc

Letter of EC:  no

still in shock, I'm so thankful

TIME STAMP: 10:00am
Result:
 Waitlisted--"Reviewed-Decision Pending"
Feeling about Casper: Prepped lightly for about a month or so, did some practice tests and scenarios. Felt pretty good about it. 
Year: 4th year of Anatomy and Cell Biology (graduating this spring)

First time applying and more waiting I guess. Anyone know how this works lol 

TIME STAMP: 11:00
Result: Waitlisted
cGPA: 3.78
Feeling about Casper: First time taking the Casper. Not too sure, but I did my best!
ECs: Volunteering in hospitals, exec position in a student group, youth leader and leader of a choir, 1 research experience,  sports (recreative and competitive)
Year: 3rd year baccalaureate

Comments (Optional): This is my first time applying and hoping for the best!!

TIME STAMP: 11:00 (checked Minerva)
Result: Reject
cGPA: 4.0 on the dot
Feeling about Casper: felt pretty well about it, practiced one method and stuck to it!
ECs: caregiver of sick family member for 4+ years, lots of volunteering (hospice for 1.5+ years, exec on student clubs, research assistant in cognitive research for 7 months, French club organizer 1+ years), customer service 6+ years, medical assistant, poster presentation during undergrad thesis, owner of a catering business, clinical shadowing, sports, visual arts, speak 3 languages (4 if you count 'basic' ability), etc.
Year: UG 2016; been in school for supplementary coursework for past 2 years though

IP/OOP/International: OOP (Ontario)

Comments (Optional): Oh well! That's alright. I know it's difficult to land one (rationalization - best defence mechanism lol!), but a bit bummed out. I thought the GPA would help, but I'm sure all OOP have a phenomenal GPA, so perhaps it's not that unique. I wish everyone the best success at interviews, you can do this - do not give up!

TIME STAMP: 9h46
Result: Invite  (In Province)

cGPA: 3.97
MCAT: 518 (132/126/131/129) 
Feeling about Casper: Didn't feel too good about it (a couple of answers per question only)
ECs: pm me
Year: UG (final year at UdeM).  perfectly bilingual.

I am looking for a serious partner or two who can work with me on mock-MMI (we can form a groupe), please PM me

Result: Invite

cGPA: 3.88

Feeling about Casper: Mediocre at best

ECs: Research (no pubs), community and club involvement, service jobs, teaching and tutoring/mentorship.

Year: completed MSc. Last June

Just now, elenaps5 said:

Thank you, and after which rank is one invited for an interview, would you know?

It depends on how many people they are interviewing in that particular year. Last year was around 300.
That being said, they give you an overall rank (the one they use for interview/admission cut-offs), but they also give ranks for your GPA, Casper, CV, and Interview performance (if applicable).

1 minute ago, this_process_is_death said:

It depends on how many people they are interviewing in that particular year. Last year was around 300.
That being said, they give you an overall rank (the one they use for interview/admission cut-offs), but they also give ranks for your GPA, Casper, CV, and Interview performance (if applicable).

I see. So if they are interviewing 300 people, then being ranked within the 300 people will land you an interview. 

How soon is too soon to inquire your rank? x)

1 minute ago, elenaps5 said:

I see. So if they are interviewing 300 people, then being ranked within the 300 people will land you an interview. 

I'm not too sure. I know they only release ranks to rejected people who email them. So I would contact the admissions committee tomorrow?

2 minutes ago, elenaps5 said:

You can only get your rank when you are refused. You can send them an email when you get your answer

TIME STAMP: 10:20
Result: refused  (In Province)

cGPA: 3.86 
Feeling about Casper: Overall felt okay, nothing bad but also not amazing. I did practice. 
ECs: ranked in early hundreds last year.
Year: graduated 2018

Seems like this year they are being more harsh with grades! 

Refused (again <_<)

Date Stamp: around 10:25am
wGPA: 3.6 
Degree: M.Sc. completed (now in PhD)
ECs: Lots of research and publications. Student associations during MSc and PhD, student representative in the animal ethic comitee, watercolor/painting, helped knowledge transfer for our research project, worked on a project consisting on putting testimonies of survivors and their parents on the wall in our pediatric hospital, etc ...

Casper: better than last year 

Good interview to everyone who got it! 

TIME STAMP: Checked at 9:48 am
Result: Refused
cGPA: 3.98 to 4.0, can't remember how it was converted
Feeling about Casper: Thought it went okay, but I didn't get an interview at U of O so it was probably average
ECs: Various and long-term, research heavy (PM for more information)
Year: 4th year of undergrad

IP/OOP/International: OOP

Comments (Optional): Wasn't expecting an invite given that I'm OOP. Best of luck to everyone who was invited for interviews! 

Archived