Premed 101 Forums

McGill M.D.,C.M. Interview Invites / Regrets 2019

cardiomed

1 hour ago, MedP111 said:

Congratulations to all who got an interview! Try to start looking into the MMI process and preparing early, time really flies! There are plenty of resources lying around the forum, so take advantage of that. For those looking for more MMI questions to prepare with, try googling "korean premed mmi questions", you should find a pretty big list. Psychologically preparing yourself for emotionally/socially uncomfortable/awkward situations and remaining calm under all circumstances are really key, so try yourself at these sample scenarios and whatever else you can find until you feel like you're ready to take on whatever they might throw at you when the big day comes around.

Also very happy to see some familiar usernames from last year :) I really really hope it works out for you guys this year.

To the applicants who didn't get an invite this year and are really disappointed right now, I hope you'll feel better soon. It's an unreasonably competitive process, so while you should take a step back and re-evaluate, especially when the stats come out later in the cycle, you also really shouldn't let this result affect your sense of self-worth. Most importantly, don't let this hurdle put your life on pause; keep living life to the fullest outside of medicine, and the rest will fall in place.

Thanks for the wishes appreciate it!!!!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MedP111 said:

Congratulations to all who got an interview! Try to start looking into the MMI process and preparing early, time really flies! There are plenty of resources lying around the forum, so take advantage of that. For those looking for more MMI questions to prepare with, try googling "korean premed mmi questions", you should find a pretty big list. Psychologically preparing yourself for emotionally/socially uncomfortable/awkward situations and remaining calm under all circumstances are really key, so try yourself at these sample scenarios and whatever else you can find until you feel like you're ready to take on whatever they might throw at you when the big day comes around.

Also very happy to see some familiar usernames from last year :) I really really hope it works out for you guys this year.

To the applicants who didn't get an invite this year and are really disappointed right now, I hope you'll feel better soon. It's an unreasonably competitive process, so while you should take a step back and re-evaluate, especially when the stats come out later in the cycle, you also really shouldn't let this result affect your sense of self-worth. Most importantly, don't let this hurdle put your life on pause; keep living life to the fullest outside of medicine, and the rest will fall in place.

Thank you! Hope you’re enjoying your first year. 

TIME STAMP: ~11:00
Result: Further review required (Interview) 

cGPA: 3.90
Feeling about Casper: I felt good concerning my decisions even if I did not have time to write a lot and I have no idea concerning the grading
ECs: Lot of volunteer experience: student association, hospital, tutoring, funding. Several internships in research. Sport competitions.  Small part and full time jobs.
Year: 
1st year of Masters degree in biomedical science with anterior diplomas in other fields (human science)

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments (Optional): My application was so atypical, I am so lucky and happy

TIME STAMP: 11:06 AST
Result: Invite for MD, Rejected for PhD
cGPA: 3.83
Feeling about Casper: I didn't really mesh with the Casper situations, and I felt a lot of them are trying to pose false dilemmas and I answered saying that when I felt it. But I did feel good overall: I think I was successfully able to see the social and cultural factors that lead people to make bad decisions, which may have helped.
ECs: Student union work, judo, president/executive of some clubs, volunteer music teacher, organised some conferences, and joined the local youth council. Have held 4 research positions, two papers in education and philosophy, a few conferences in physics.
Year: UG (5th) BSc in Biology-Physics and BA in Philosophy with minor in math

IP/OOP/International: OOP

Letter of EC: No

I noticed that it states on their website that 165 spots are being offered this year for IP (Med-P and Quebec University). Consistent with previous years, around 71-74 Med-P are admitted and about 4-5 NTP IP, leaving around 90 spots (more or less) for Quebec university candidates. Since only 218 Quebec university candidates were invited to interview this year, I am wondering how this will affect the whole post-interview selection process...

3 minutes ago, brutabella said:

I noticed that it states on their website that 165 spots are being offered this year for IP (Med-P and Quebec University). Consistent with previous years, around 71-74 Med-P are admitted and about 4-5 NTP IP, leaving around 90 spots (more or less) for Quebec university candidates. Since only 218 Quebec university candidates were invited to interview this year, I am wondering how this will affect the whole post-interview selection process...

I was thinking about the same thing. The only thing that comes to mind is that chances of being accepted would be 1/2 instead of 1/3. 

Archived