Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview Invites/Regrets 2019

Time Stamp: April 3

Results: Regrets

wGPA: 3.95

MCAT: 512 (128/128/128/128)

ECs: Average; research, longterm volunteering, clubs, etc. 

Essays: Worked on them for ~2 weeks. I thought they were okay back in October, but looking over them now, they suck. I think I got them edited by too many people and they ended up not being very personal. 

References; Probably the more stronger part of my application. All 3 of my references have known for me quite awhile and really wanted me to succeed in this process. 

Year: UG 4th year

Geo: IP

I'm just glad to FINALLY hear back and get some closure. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2019 at 2:05 PM, Kiwanja said:

TIME STAMP: March 25th, 2019 1:50 pm EST

Result: Regrets 

wGPA: 3.95

MCAT: 518 (132/126/131/130) 

ECs: Veteran, humanitarian, researcher

Essays: I spent a lot of time on them, proof red them 

Year: 3rd year

Geography: quebec

Comment: I had trouble finding people who would be ready to write letter of recommendation for me since I lived in a francophone  environment (France and Congo) all my life with little to nobody who speaks english. had even to ask one of my referee to translate it, and he was nice enough to pay for the translation himself.

I feel that there is no chance with for me in ontario since I have a problem getting the letters (and impossible to know how they are weighed)

Hello Kiwanja,

I am an Ontarian living in Quebec--came here for graduate studies at McGill and am currently working at the MUHC. Have you tried applying to the French schools? I think you would make a strong candidate especially given your veteran status. Also, university of Ottawa, which is in Ontario, has a French stream and Northern Ontario likes to attract Francophones when possible. 

As for French recommendation letters, French is one of our official languages, and most schools accommodate for that regardless of the province. But reach out to the universities' admission offices ahead of time and give them context so that they can take proper measures ahead of time to make an English version of your recommendation letter accessible to the evaluating committees. 

Bon chance! 

• 1 year later...
On 1/18/2019 at 12:02 PM, Nivo said:

MD/PhD invites still coming

TIME STAMP: 11:54 AM Jan 18th 2019

Interview Date: Feb 23 2019 (MD/PhD), Feb 24 2019 (MD)

Result: Interview (MD/PhD)

Year: MSc conferred

Geography: OOP

Can message for other details! 

Hi, quick q what does the geography mean? I’m first year undergrad and your the only answer that seems approachable lol

• 2 years later...