Premed 101 Forums

One of the verifiers I put on my Western ABS sketch has reached out to me confirming that Western has contacted him. I'm not sure when this process began but it does provide us with the knowledge that Western does do at least some verification pre-interview.

I haven't heard from any of my verifiers on whether they have been contacted. Non-SWOMEN with 129/128/130 breakdown.

It would be lame if the introduction of the Abs didn't change the CARS cutoffs at all tbh. 

1 hour ago, oliversnacks said:

A verifier of mine was contacted on Thursday, non-SWOMEN 129/128/131 -- anyone have a hunch about whether this means I met cutoffs?

Hard to say but at the least it tells us that they're not automatically throwing the application of everyone with 128 CARS in the trash. I would say that's a good sign. 

May I ask what activity it was that got verified? 

42 minutes ago, ysera said:

Hard to say but at the least it tells us that they're not automatically throwing the application of everyone with 128 CARS in the trash. I would say that's a good sign. 

May I ask what activity it was that got verified? 

I'm the president of a club at school, nothing unrealistic!

I'm quite above the previous years' cut offs and I haven't heard from my verifiers, although I wouldn't expect most of them to reach out to me if they were to get contacted. I am semi tempted to get in touch with them to ensure they don't miss some sort of deadline. Curious to know how much time the verifiers were given to respond and how extensive the response form is.    

On 1/21/2019 at 3:20 PM, oliversnacks said:

A verifier of mine was contacted on Thursday, non-SWOMEN 129/128/131 -- anyone have a hunch about whether this means I met cutoffs?

This post gives me hope as someone with a 128

21 minutes ago, AdamSagn said:

so this means we're not getting invites today lol

lol I guess not. I remember reading that Jan 31st was the release date in a previous year so that might be the case. Who really knows...

21 minutes ago, ysera said:

Are they emailing verifiers or calling? want to give my verifiers a heads up 

Mine received a call so that's likely their first method