Premed 101 Forums

Pre-Interview Scoring

21 minutes ago, keener12345 said:

Hey,

I received an invite and got my interview package today. In the package it said invites were based on academics (grades) combined with casper results. But the ottawa MD site states that the ABS was also taken into consideration. Just curious as to which one is correct LOL

I would assume the one they sent is more up to date.

Did u get ur interview package by email? or do u mean like an actual physical package? i still havent gotten mine lol...

18 hours ago, keener12345 said:

Hey,

I received an invite and got my interview package today. In the package it said invites were based on academics (grades) combined with casper results. But the ottawa MD site states that the ABS was also taken into consideration. Just curious as to which one is correct LOL

So does this mean they didn't evaluate the ABS at all, and it was solely based on wGPA and CASPer?

19 hours ago, keener12345 said:

Hey,

Did they mention how much each was weighted?

1 hour ago, Slickrick said:

Wow I wonder how they screen the LORs 

One of my friends who's at uOttawa said she was told that they essentially just look at if they're done and if they're good or bad. They don't really look too heavily into the actually nitty gritty details. As long as they seem real, reliable and are actually positive. 

Archived