4 minutes ago, dryorku said:

Time Stamp: 12:01pm

Invite/reject: Reject

IP/OOP: IP

SWOMEN (Y/N): N

2YGPA: 3.93

MCAT (CHEM/CARS/BIO/PYSCH): 130/128/131/131

ABS Score (If available): Not published

Well there goes all hope. not a single interview, I was hoping for at least just one. incredibly sad, and I have a midterm in a few hours. I don't know what to do with myself.

You might still get UofT bbg!!!

Time Stamp: 11:58am

SWOMEN (Y/N): No

2YGPA: 3.94

MCAT (CHEM/CARS/BIO/PYSCH): 516 (129/129/128/130)

A little stunned especially after the other rejects. I guess my ABS was awful? I meet the cutoffs so that is the only explanation right? Feel tempted to call them, but I don't know.

Time Stamp: 11:11am

Invite/reject: Invite!!! 

SWOMEN (Y/N): N

2YGPA: 3.77
lol I have the lowest GPA here

MCAT (CHEM/CARS/BIO/PYSCH): 128/130/127/130 (515)

ABS Score (If available): No idea, but got rejected from everywhere else.

President of an arts collective, was previously an actor and publicity manager of said collective, and I helped found it. A lot of music extracurriculars, played keyboard in several semi-professional productions in my university town, also vocal directed and music directed a musical. Have my own photography business (hasn't made a ton of money but a few hundred), and I talked a lot about this in my ABS; how I turned my hobby into something I could use financially. Fair bit of volunteering, 600+ hours volunteering in research, received a research "work-placement" (similar to NSERC but uni specific), and 200+ hours volunteering in a physio clinic.

Anyone know the format of Western's interviews? MMI like everywhere else?

36 minutes ago, MD9511 said:

SWOMEN and just got rejected. Devastated to say the least especially after getting waitlisted after interview last year

I'm sorry. I feel like a lot of us are really sad today because many of us got rejected from Queens & Western. I think a lot of us are feeling lost, I know I am. And telling you to "keep your mind off it" is B.S, because I can't keep my own mind off it. So I guess we just need to accept it and try to understand it. And then eventually figure what our next moves are. Let's stay strong and work hard this year,  keep active with our ECs, and stay motivated. Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly sad right now and if I wasn't in the library perhaps I'd cry? It is what it is, I guess.

Time Stamp: 11:58am

IP/OOP: OOP

SWOMEN (Y/N): No

2YGPA: 3.99

MCAT (CHEM/CARS/BIO/PYSCH): 526(132/130/132/132)

Got an interview here last year but it went poorly, so ended up waitlisted.  Fairly typical ECs, but spent a lot of time writing the aABS and felt pretty good about it. I got an interview at Queen's, so my ECs can't be that bad! 

Looks like the aABS is very heavily weighted?

Same here...very sad (very well-justified I would say) but Please do not give up!!! Although this is only my first app cycle, I have noticed that there are lots subjectivity & year-to-year variations in the application process. People say Med School Application is like a 5-year project. If this is what you actually want - let's make our app even better next year:). 

3 minutes ago, TheBananaStand said:

I've just received a rejection that said my GPA was below the threshold, which I know is not the case. Did anyone else have something like this happen to them? 

Did you meet the cutoffs in each of your 2 best years?  If that is the case and you met all the other MCAT cutoffs, I'd strongly urge you to contact the admissions office right away.