Premed 101 Forums

Referees still have not been contaced

I was wondering if anyone was still experiencing issues with their referees not being contacted yet? I know its late in the process and interview decisions will be made really soon but it's stressing me out that my verifiers were contacted but my references never were.

Does this mean I just did not make it to a stage where U of A even bothered contacting them because I was already rejected?

18 minutes ago, medbruh said:

You should really contact admissions about this. 

I heard that some other schools do not contact applicants' referees until after interview invites have been sent out or in some cases, until after admission offers have been sent to successful applicants. Have you heard anything similar for U of A?

6 minutes ago, Imreadytogethurtagain said:

I heard that some other schools do not contact applicants' referees until after interview invites have been sent out or in some cases, until after admission offers have been sent to successful applicants. Have you heard anything similar for U of A?

In the past the referees had to submit the references by the October 1st deadline. This is the first year where that's not the case so there is no way to know. But from what I've seen so far, they are supposed to contact everyone's reference. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the event anyone is still freaking out about this, I just received an email from adcom that one of my references did not respond to his email. My first reference was contacted back in late November... It is now February. I can only imagine how long an email from UofA was lost in this reference's email boxes. 

They gave me the opportunity to re-confirm his email and that they will try to get in touch with him again which is good. 

So if anyone happens to still be worried, they're still working on references right now. 

Archived