Premed 101 Forums

Queens Interview Invites/regrets 2019

Result: Reject [ EDIT: interview off waitlist Feb 20, interview date March 2nd]

Time Stamp: 9:00 AM

wGPA/cGPA: 3.96 wGPA
Year: Finishing MSc

MCAT: 510 (126 CARS)

ECs:  1 first author pub (few more in prep), conference presentations, international level athlete, 4+ years of research, 4+ years hospital volunteering, multiple awards, shadowing, unique ECs etc.
Geography:IP

Can anybody with CARS<126 who got an invite PLEASE post at least once here so that we know what we have to work on for the next cycle? I just want to know if it was my MCAT that killed my chances or something else. Thanks, and good luck to everyone who got an invite!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys!! Just wanted to post my stats for reference. 

Result: INVITE 

Time Stamp: 9:20 AM (and a second email at 9:39.... lol)

wGPA/cGPA: 3.97 wGPA
Year:  4th year UG

MCAT: 516 (126 CARS) <--- THAT RIGHT 126 CARS! So it is possible!

ECs:  not good enough for OOP UBC invite. Long-term and interesting work, leadership volunteering, marathon, dance, NSERC, one pub

So I can confirm... they are inviting 126 CARS this year. Hope this helps anyone for future reference!
BTW my interview invite went into my spam folder for some reason, so if you haven't gotten anything be sure to check there.

GOODLUCK to everyone who got an interview!

Edit: I just wanted to add too that last year I got 509 with 128 CARS, so they may have used that MCAT. I'm not too sure!

7 minutes ago, Premed_Girl said:

Result: Reject

Time Stamp: 9:00 AM

wGPA/cGPA: 3.96 wGPA
Year: Finishing MSc

MCAT: 509 (126 CARS)

ECs:  1 first author pub (few more in prep), conference presentations, international level athlete, 4+ years of research, 4+ years hospital volunteering, multiple awards, shadowing, unique ECs etc.

Can anybody with CARS<126 who got an invite PLEASE post at least once here so that we know what we have to work on for the next cycle? I just want to know if it was my MCAT that killed my chances or something else. Thanks, and good luck to everyone who got an invite!

nevermind, cars cut off is still ~126.

Result: Regrets

Time Stamp: 0600

Interview Date: N/A
wGPA: 3.93
Year: final year, second UG degree

MCAT: 517 (129/126/131/131)
ECs: registered nurse, worked at gym for a few years, worked as a student nurse, chemistry supplemental learning leader. no research experience.various volunteer experience.

Geography: OOP

im sad, i thought maybe i had a shot this year. maybe i need to re-write the mcat and fix my CARS

1 minute ago, DeepSeq said:

Am I the only one who got two invite emails? around 20 minutes apart... Second one scared me, thought they were going to say the first was an accident LOL

The second one just had a correction on the date for interview selection from Feb 3 to Feb 6.

2 minutes ago, DeepSeq said:

Am I the only one who got two invite emails? around 20 minutes apart... Second one scared me, thought they were going to say the first was an accident LOL

I think they corrected the date for signing up for your interview in the second one.

Result: Invite!!!

Time Stamp: 9:20AM

wGPA: 3.88
Year: Finished MSc in Dec 2018

MCAT: 515 (126 CARS)
ECs: Diverse amongst all categories but feel free to PM for details.
Geography: IP

The email went to my promotional folder in gmail so just be aware! Scared me for a solid hour! I'm so happy that I can get another shot at Queen's. Goodluck everyone!

After the crushing blow of UBC interview rejection in December I am really glad to say I have an invite. Sorry to all those who received regrets today :(

Result: Invite!!

Time Stamp: 9:20am EST

Interview Date: --- TBA
wGPA/cGPA: wGPA 3.96-3.97
Year: BSc granted

MCAT: 511 (127 CARS, evenly weighted)
ECs: lots... medic, music, sports, research, presentations, co-authorship, etc.

1 hour ago, APP2019 said:

FYI: the email went into my "promotional" section of gmail. I also got the email twice (not sure if anyone else that happened too).

I got two as well (and promotional section). Question for people who got interviews - when they say that the password is DOB, does anyone know the format? (DDMMYYYY)? 

I'm so confused; what the actual fuck is happening here? How are people with 4.0s, great MCAT scores, and hundreds of hours of volunteering getting rejected?

Result: Regrets

Time Stamp: 9:00 am

Interview Date: N/A
wGPA: 3.88
Year: Graduated in 2010 BA

MCAT: 527 (132/132/132/131)
ECs: Worked full time for 8 years in medical communications, not too much volunteer work. Professional musician for ~10 years.

10 minutes ago, ridcullylives said:

I'm so confused; what the actual fuck is happening here? How are people with 4.0s, great MCAT scores, and hundreds of hours of volunteering getting rejected?

This is my third year applying (9 rejections, 1 interview), and with nothing changing, I received 4 interviews this year. I have absolutely no idea what the process is, but seriously do not give up. There is such volatility in each application year that I have decided there is no predicting each cycle. 

Archived