Premed 101 Forums
Poloma

Queens Interview Invites/regrets 2019

27 minutes ago, LloydRedStan said:

Not sure. But because Queens has zero accomodations for the interview slots, it is likely they will start sending out some offers soonish.

Got it. Thanks.

6 hours ago, LloydRedStan said:

Yes there is but they don't send a different rejection email. Whether you're next on rank list or last, everyone got the same rejection email

How come some people are saying they didn’t get an email at all? Wouldn’t it make sense that those that didn’t = on the waitlist? Maybe it’s different from last year? 

4 hours ago, LloydRedStan said:

Not sure. But because Queens has zero accomodations for the interview slots, it is likely they will start sending out some offers soonish.

Yup and there are still some unbooked timeslots all on the first interview date as of now. 

1 hour ago, UWCC said:

How come some people are saying they didn’t get an email at all? Wouldn’t it make sense that those that didn’t = on the waitlist? Maybe it’s different from last year? 

If you didn't get an email... you should email them. There is no reason for them to not email you, waitlist or not

21 hours ago, LloydRedStan said:

Yes there is but they don't send a different rejection email. Whether you're next on rank list or last, everyone got the same rejection email

Wait, so if you recieved a rejection notice, you might still get another e-mail later saying a place opened up and there is now room for interviews?

5 minutes ago, Anderfishy said:

Wait, so if you recieved a rejection notice, you might still get another e-mail later saying a place opened up and there is now room for interviews?

Yes. That's what it was like last year. No indication whatsoever of a wait list

11 minutes ago, LloydRedStan said:

Yeah and because of Queens' policy of no accomodations for interviews we may see offers as soon as the deadline to sign up for an interview (tomorrow)

So if we hear nothing by tomorrow evening, that is it? No interview to Queen's? 

1 minute ago, Anderfishy said:

So if we hear nothing by tomorrow evening, that is it? No interview to Queen's? 

I wouldn't say so. There can always be cancellations.. but the chances aren't too high. Not many people will cancel their interview.

On 1/31/2019 at 9:23 AM, Nga said:

Result: Regrets

Time Stamp: 8:59 AM

wGPA/cGPA:

wGPA is 3.94

cGPA is 3.92

Year: 5th year

MCAT: 516 (129/129/128/130)

ECs: 1000+ hours volunteering from experiences in the community, hospitals, tutoring, and research data collection, work in a medical clinic, one publication.

Geography: IP

Regrets from Ottawa and McMaster also causing some pain and I begin to wonder what to do next to make my application stronger (like writing the MCAT again or doing full time research next year).

Did you apply to UofT or Mac? your cGPA n Mcat are really good

On 2/12/2019 at 12:37 AM, nash14 said:

Has anyone received interviews off the waitlist? 

Just received one today, actually. Very surreal. A little stressed with the amount of time I have left to prepare, though. :X The only available date they had was March 2nd and this is going to be my first interview!!

29 minutes ago, ssmed said:

Just received one today, actually. Very surreal. A little stressed with the amount of time I have left to prepare, though. :X The only available date they had was March 2nd and this is going to be my first interview!!

did they email or call?

34 minutes ago, ssmed said:

Just received one today, actually. Very surreal. A little stressed with the amount of time I have left to prepare, though. :X The only available date they had was March 2nd and this is going to be my first interview!!

congratulations! 
Do you mind if I ask what your mcat was? wondering due to what cutoffs they have :)

3 minutes ago, LloydRedStan said:

Congratulations :) best of luck with the interview

Thanks, friend! Wishing you all the best this cycle as well. :)

1 minute ago, candycane1 said:

congratulations! 
Do you mind if I ask what your mcat was? wondering due to what cutoffs they have :)

I don't mind at all. My score was 515 (128/128/129/130).

Hi everyone,

I just got an interview off the waitlist which is super exciting! The only catch is that Queen's offered me an interview on Saturday March 2nd and I observe the Sabbath (and therefore it's super tricky for me attend). They don't seem to be willing to accommodate me for this. I know this is a super unconventional question, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to switch their Sunday slot for my Saturday slot. Queen's implied that they would honour this. Please consider helping a brother out and let me know... I'd be forever grateful!!!! Thank you!

Just got a call this morning (7am in BC, RIP time zones) asking me to come in for an interview! Blessed :D My heart sank after the rejection letter but that hope has officially been rekindled!

Now to figure out how to prep for this thing with only 10 days of notice...