Premed 101 Forums

Queens Interview Invites/regrets 2019

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, LloydRedStan said:

Yes there is but they don't send a different rejection email. Whether you're next on rank list or last, everyone got the same rejection email

How come some people are saying they didn’t get an email at all? Wouldn’t it make sense that those that didn’t = on the waitlist? Maybe it’s different from last year? 

1 hour ago, UWCC said:

How come some people are saying they didn’t get an email at all? Wouldn’t it make sense that those that didn’t = on the waitlist? Maybe it’s different from last year? 

If you didn't get an email... you should email them. There is no reason for them to not email you, waitlist or not

21 hours ago, LloydRedStan said:

Yes there is but they don't send a different rejection email. Whether you're next on rank list or last, everyone got the same rejection email

Wait, so if you recieved a rejection notice, you might still get another e-mail later saying a place opened up and there is now room for interviews?

On 1/31/2019 at 9:23 AM, Nga said:

Result: Regrets

Time Stamp: 8:59 AM

wGPA/cGPA:

wGPA is 3.94

cGPA is 3.92

Year: 5th year

MCAT: 516 (129/129/128/130)

ECs: 1000+ hours volunteering from experiences in the community, hospitals, tutoring, and research data collection, work in a medical clinic, one publication.

Geography: IP

Regrets from Ottawa and McMaster also causing some pain and I begin to wonder what to do next to make my application stronger (like writing the MCAT again or doing full time research next year).

Did you apply to UofT or Mac? your cGPA n Mcat are really good

34 minutes ago, ssmed said:

Just received one today, actually. Very surreal. A little stressed with the amount of time I have left to prepare, though. :X The only available date they had was March 2nd and this is going to be my first interview!!

congratulations! 
Do you mind if I ask what your mcat was? wondering due to what cutoffs they have :)

3 minutes ago, LloydRedStan said:

Congratulations :) best of luck with the interview

Thanks, friend! Wishing you all the best this cycle as well. :)

1 minute ago, candycane1 said:

congratulations! 
Do you mind if I ask what your mcat was? wondering due to what cutoffs they have :)

I don't mind at all. My score was 515 (128/128/129/130).

Hi everyone,

I just got an interview off the waitlist which is super exciting! The only catch is that Queen's offered me an interview on Saturday March 2nd and I observe the Sabbath (and therefore it's super tricky for me attend). They don't seem to be willing to accommodate me for this. I know this is a super unconventional question, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to switch their Sunday slot for my Saturday slot. Queen's implied that they would honour this. Please consider helping a brother out and let me know... I'd be forever grateful!!!! Thank you!

17 hours ago, 3pinephrine said:

Just got a call this morning (7am in BC, RIP time zones) asking me to come in for an interview! Blessed :D My heart sank after the rejection letter but that hope has officially been rekindled!

Now to figure out how to prep for this thing with only 10 days of notice... 

Do you mind posting your stats for us applying next year? Especially your mcat score, would be really nice! 

6 hours ago, Macgirl said:

Do you mind posting your stats for us applying next year? Especially your mcat score, would be really nice! 

Cumulative GPA: 3.8ish

Last two years GPA: 3.9ish (UBC does percentages and Im not too confident on my conversion accuracy...)

MCAT: 132/130/131/128 (RIP psych :( feeling okay on the other sections though) = 521

ECs: decent amount of research exp, some posters presentations, minimal awards, generic pre-med activities (hospital stuff), some personal hobbies (dancing). Overall feeling pretty middle of pack considering everything I've read on forums.

Geography = OOP

Hope that helps!

Archived