Premed 101 Forums

Interview invite with wGPA of 3.83 possible?

26 minutes ago, lurker25 said:

They do say a 3.8+ is competitive for undergrads, so if you have good LORs, ECs, essays then I can totally see the non-academic component being enough to compensate a slightly lower GPA and land you an interview.

I hope so! I mean, forum posters are obviously biased, but it seems as though only 3.95> are being interviewed and it’s insane. Hopefully everything works out, because I have so much self-doubt.

Honestly she was first to get an interview, got an acceptance straight away, never waitlisted, didn't write an AEE (to the best of my knowledge). It really came down to having great ECs. UofT is serious when they say 3.8 makes you competitive. We haven't heard of it because if you're in med people automatically assume you have reaaally great grades - people don't want to lose that perception by disclosing their low admissions averages. 

2 hours ago, isitlunchtimeyet said:

Honestly she was first to get an interview, got an acceptance straight away, never waitlisted, didn't write an AEE (to the best of my knowledge). It really came down to having great ECs. UofT is serious when they say 3.8 makes you competitive. We haven't heard of it because if you're in med people automatically assume you have reaaally great grades - people don't want to lose that perception by disclosing their low admissions averages. 

That's awesome to hear, and that makes sense. Thanks alot for contributing to this thread! 

1 hour ago, scoobydoo0216 said:

That's awesome to hear, and that makes sense. Thanks alot for contributing to this thread! 

No problem! Based on what I'd heard I didn't think it was possible either but it definitely is! I have low stats too so seeing her get in was a great motivator. Keep your head up and nose to the grindstone and you'll get to where you wanna be!

1 hour ago, isitlunchtimeyet said:

No problem! Based on what I'd heard I didn't think it was possible either but it definitely is! I have low stats too so seeing her get in was a great motivator. Keep your head up and nose to the grindstone and you'll get to where you wanna be!

Sorry, i do not mean to bother you but do you think that the cutoff is 3.8 after the weighting or before?

Archived