Premed 101 Forums

Western Post-interview Score

Although Western went through some drastic changes in their selection of candidates for interviews, It seems that the interview process is the same this year as it has been in the past. I was wondering if anybody had an idea of how interviewees are selected post-interview? Is it 100% based on the interview or is there some formula with a certain percent contributing to a post-interview score including GPA, MCAT and interview score?

I realize nobody will know specifically about this year but does anyone have an idea of how this worked in the past?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

The past 2 years Western accepted 258 and 260 students out of the 450 that interviewed. So the acceptance rate isn't actually 170/450, it's more like 58-60%, even higher if you account for people who don't show up for the interview, and people who fail the written section (assuming you show up to yours and do not fail the written section.) 

5 minutes ago, ysera said:

The past 2 years Western accepted 258 and 260 students out of the 450 that interviewed. So the acceptance rate isn't actually 170/450, it's more like 58-60%, even higher if you account for people who don't show up for the interview, and people who fail the written section (assuming you show up to yours and do not fail the written section.) 

Oh interesting, where did you get those numbers (258 and 260) from the past two years?

19 minutes ago, ysera said:

The total number of spots that were offered are available in a pdf somewhere online, I found it there. I'm at work right now but you should be able to find it with a easy google search.

Also the success rate of the school was 10.6% last year, so do 10.6% of 2500 applicants.

For anybody wondering, I think the numbers came from this doc: http://uoitdcpremed.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/2018-AdmissionRequirements_en.pdf

If you do the math on the data from page 41, you get similar numbers to what ysera said.

Archived