Premed 101 Forums

Verifiers contacted? 1 month to go.

2 hours ago, yeeewww said:

Has anyone's application verifiers been contacted yet? I have not heard from my verifiers, and we are now approximately one month out from decision letters (forecasting March 4th). Let me know! 

I haven't heard from any of my verifiers either - you're not alone! I'm curious to know if they're done with the verifying or not 

5 hours ago, premed_67 said:

To follow-up on this, has anyone ever received an offer but not had their verifiers contacted? I assumed that if your verifiers are contacted, it means you met the cutoffs (e.g. for the interview).

My verifiers usually told me when they were contacted by schools, but I did not have my verifiers contacted by Dal afaik

So don't feel left out if you haven't heard anything

On 2/10/2019 at 12:15 PM, premed_67 said:

To follow-up on this, has anyone ever received an offer but not had their verifiers contacted? I assumed that if your verifiers are contacted, it means you met the cutoffs (e.g. for the interview).

is there some new information regarding that? In the past I have found no such connection - with verifiers contacted at times that cannot impact acceptance choices. Always looking to refine our understanding of things :)

and I would definitely say it isn't a bad sign not to have your verifiers contacted - there are just way too many people and the checks have appears random to me. 

15 hours ago, rmorelan said:

is there some new information regarding that? In the past I have found no such connection - with verifiers contacted at times that cannot impact acceptance choices. Always looking to refine our understanding of things :)

and I would definitely say it isn't a bad sign not to have your verifiers contacted - there are just way too many people and the checks have appears random to me. 

I've never actually read something "official" that said only the verifiers of applicants who met cutoffs would be contacted. I have had a few people tell me that they think it's the case. 

I was thinking more along the lines of why would they bother calling the verifiers of someone who is automatically disqualified for not meeting some other cutoff

58 minutes ago, premed_67 said:

I've never actually read something "official" that said only the verifiers of applicants who met cutoffs would be contacted. I have had a few people tell me that they think it's the case. 

I was thinking more along the lines of why would they bother calling the verifiers of someone who is automatically disqualified for not meeting some other cutoff

agreed. I'm not sure what to think in terms of post-interview contacting 

On 2/14/2019 at 3:05 PM, hopefullyafuturedoc said:

agreed. I'm not sure what to think in terms of post-interview contacting 

I think it is a good thing if your verifiers were contacted as it feels like progress in this dreadful process. However, I am not too worried if my verifiers are not contacted. I definitely go back and forth on my position haha 

Archived