Premed 101 Forums

Paths After Rejection

very0517

Hi Pre-Meds,

I'm writing a paper for a medical school newsletter about paths after being rejected from Med School. I'm curious to hear how you or your peers have proceeded after being rejected? Do most pursue masters degrees before reapplying? Apply to USMD or International schools? Obviously I am doing my own research but I'm interested to hear from the pre med community what they feel the distribution is after rejection.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, very0517 said:

Hi Pre-Meds,

I'm writing a paper for a medical school newsletter about paths after being rejected from Med School. I'm curious to hear how you or your peers have proceeded after being rejected? Do most pursue masters degrees before reapplying? Apply to USMD or International schools? Obviously I am doing my own research but I'm interested to hear from the pre med community what they feel the distribution is after rejection.

Cheers.

You could make this a survey.

You will find all your given paths as examples on Premed101.     A lot depends on what needs to improve to achieve interviews.   People may take a 5th year or 2nd undergrad to increase their GPA.  Some will take a gap year to earn money,  study to raise their MCAT,  and improve on ECs.

Archived