Premed 101 Forums

"Tell me about yourself"

This Is your opportunity to highlight the markers in your history demonstrating your growth and development whereby you increased your empathy, compassion, communication, management, leadership and professional skills, how you overcame adversity, overcame your weaknesses, how you thrive on challenges in the pursuit of excellence, all naturally leading up to your career choice and why.y

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, FatherFranklin said:

This question won’t be asked at most interviews. Ottawa has a traditional interview where you could be asked this but mostly other schools won’t ask this

For all schools that have a panel component, a question like this tends to be asked. You should always be prepared for it regardless.

5 minutes ago, Butterfly_ said:

For all schools that have a panel component, a question like this tends to be asked. You should always be prepared for it regardless.

That's true. I wasn't clear in my clarification. Panel interviews could still ask the question.

I would definitely be prepared for a question like this. People usually think that because a question is super cliché it will never be asked, but remember that it's cliché for a reason. Speaking from my own experience, I think it's likely you'll get at least one of those at panel/MPI interviews, and it'll look bad if you can't properly answer something as basic as that. 

Archived