Premed 101 Forums

McGill Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy (qualifying year)

Hi everyone,

Can anyone else who applied to either one of these two programs confirm whether or not they are still able to login into UApply and access either one of their applications and upload documents?

I was under the impression that applications would be locked after the February 10th deadline, but for whatever reason I still seem able to access and upload documents to my applications?

Thanks!

49 minutes ago, Yellowhead said:

Hi everyone,

Can anyone else who applied to either one of these two programs confirm whether or not they are still able to login into UApply and access either one of their applications and upload documents?

I was under the impression that applications would be locked after the February 10th deadline, but for whatever reason I still seem able to access and upload documents to my applications?

Thanks!

They aren't locked but admissions asks you not to change anything

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
43 minutes ago, PPTTT said:

Congrats!  did you just receive the nomination and will you be accepting it? I wonder if they're just keeping everyone on waitlist until people accept/decline 

Thank you! The letters came out last week and yes I have accepted! People have till May 1st to respond for PT (and apparently till today for OT) 

1 hour ago, scaphoid13 said:

I have gotten a nomination. Best of luck to you guys!

Congrats ! Did you accept for PT?

So they put out offers of admissions for their 30 spots last week? by May 1 they will send out more offers because some would've declined? So if you're put on the waitlist, we will have to wait for the second subset to decline for the waitlist to move. 

2 hours ago, Lhomsi said:

Congrats ! Did you accept for PT?

So they put out offers of admissions for their 30 spots last week? by May 1 they will send out more offers because some would've declined? So if you're put on the waitlist, we will have to wait for the second subset to decline for the waitlist to move. 

I'm just happy to not have been rejected.... yet. They can keep me on the waitlist all through the summer if needed!!

On 4/25/2019 at 8:23 PM, believeinOT2019 said:

I just received my rejection letter today from McGill (OT). Best of luck to you all (whether you're starting in the Fall or not), I will be reapplying next year. 

I got a refusal letter as well, on Wednesday. Lots of good vibes to everyone in your endeavours and other applications! It was a tough letter to open :( 

I received my rejection letter today for McGill PT. Reason: I was not in top portion of files based on GPA and Casper. My GPA is 3.5. For Casper, I thought I did better than last year. Last year, I was told had I done better on it,  I'd be in the top 100. I guess it means I didn't make it to the top 100. Good luck to everyone! 

17 hours ago, marblestatue said:

May I ask what your cGPA was? I'm getting a bit antsy because I haven't heard anything yet!

It was pretty average I would think. I didn't figure it out exactly as I have a lot of continuing education from the university I completed my degree, as well as another university which they do not take into consideration for the cGPA. However, in terms of the background courses I would have gotten a lot of strength there, and I had a strong video statement, and I'd like to think I had a strong CASPer result. I do have quite a lot of volunteer and work experience on my resume. 

On 5/1/2019 at 10:20 PM, hopefulOT2019 said:

Do you mind me asking how long of a timeline you were given to accept the offer? I'm assuming the first two waves of acceptances have gone out now, just wondering a timeline for when I might hear anything (still no rejection/acceptance/waitlist email received here).

@OTNL2019 Could you let us know how long you're given to accept the offer? I'm also still waiting to hear any news from them =/