Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
Yellowhead

McGill Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy (qualifying year)

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, fluffybunnyyyyy said:

How do we know if we're on the waitlist for PT? I haven't received anything yet... I'm still on "File Review"

Did your status change from "in review" to "file review"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hopefulOT2019 said:

I asked through the application messenger if they were able to disclose any information about the waiting list (placement, upper/lower half, total number of people waitlisted, etc.). Ill let everyone know if/when I hear back!

I got waitlisted this morning too and asked if they could disclose how many people are on the waitlist but they said no =(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious - do all of you who have nominations, have at least functional competence in French? And if not, do you see that as a concern in doing the program? I ask because I'm just a beginner in the language myself and worried about being functionally communicative for the fieldwork portion if I happen to get in the program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 8:37 PM, ju_OT17 said:

Just curious - do all of you who have nominations, have at least functional competence in French? And if not, do you see that as a concern in doing the program? I ask because I'm just a beginner in the language myself and worried about being functionally communicative for the fieldwork portion if I happen to get in the program.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hopefulOT2019 said:

I do not have a basic/functional level of french, english only. I’m not worried about it, my brother goes there in the PT program currently and he has been fine. They try and get mostly-english placements for those that need it. The one time he was placed in a more-french setting he had to communicate with his placement preceptor that he needed translations, etc. and that helped a lot. 

That's interesting to hear since I've heard some others say you need to develop functional French. Do you know if it was easy for him to get english placements, or were they pretty limited?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I accepted my offer for OT today! Please message me if you're going to OT too I'd love to get know everyone!

I also am a beginner in French so glad to hear someone has not been having a hard time in the PT program. I hope to improve my French over the summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, McGillOT said:

Hi I accepted my offer for OT today! Please message me if you're going to OT too I'd love to get know everyone!

I also am a beginner in French so glad to hear someone has not been having a hard time in the PT program. I hope to improve my French over the summer. 

Were you on the waitlist before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anonyme123 said:

Were you on the waitlist before?

I was on the waitlist last week and got an acceptance this past Monday. You should maybe contact them, I don't know why you've been on it for so long! Hope things work out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, McGillOT said:

I was on the waitlist last week and got an acceptance this past Monday. You should maybe contact them, I don't know why you've been on it for so long! Hope things work out 

Thank you! Maybe it's because I'm at the bottom of the waitlist... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Anonyme123 said:

Thank you! Maybe it's because I'm at the bottom of the waitlist... 

Still, I wasn't on the waitlist until last week, if you've been on for so long you should've gotten in by now. I'd try contacting them and seeing if you get an update atleast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, McGillOT said:

Still, I wasn't on the waitlist until last week, if you've been on for so long you should've gotten in by now. I'd try contacting them and seeing if you get an update atleast. 

For Dalhousie, I notice that a person who got waitlisted much later on got accepted rather than people waitlisted earlier. So  Anonyme123’s theory is plausible..

I was also waitlisted for McGill last week and haven’t heard anything yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ju_OT17 said:

For Dalhousie, I notice that a person who got waitlisted much later on got accepted rather than people waitlisted earlier. So  Anonyme123’s theory is plausible..

I was also waitlisted for McGill last week and haven’t heard anything yet. 

I'm sorry to hear that. I was waitlisted and got an acceptance in a few days after the weekend so I don't know what that means. I was given a week to accept so maybe on Monday the list will start moving with people finding out about Ontario schools. Please have faith! I would try contacting them too about how many spots they have left. Maybe they'll say something. I hope this helps and good luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, McGillOT said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I was waitlisted and got an acceptance in a few days after the weekend so I don't know what that means. I was given a week to accept so maybe on Monday the list will start moving with people finding out about Ontario schools. Please have faith! I would try contacting them too about how many spots they have left. Maybe they'll say something. I hope this helps and good luck! 

But I applied for PT not OT at McGill, I don't know if there is a difference in the admission process

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...