Premed 101 Forums

McGill Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy (qualifying year)

On 5/18/2019 at 12:57 AM, Anonyme123 said:

I've been wait listed since April 12. I've been reading that people just got waitlisted this month. What does that mean?

Hey, I’m in the same situation than you, I applied for PT but am waitlisted since April... 

McGill PT applicants, future and current students:

Does anyone know if the 26-month long program affects when you can start practicing? I'm almost certain that PT students coming out of Ontario schools write their final licensing exams in the Fall after Year 2. Considering that McGill students are finishing their last placement in September and October of Year 3 (month 25 and 26 of the program), are they having to write later? 

On 5/21/2019 at 9:09 AM, Mo.Physio said:

McGill PT applicants, future and current students:

Does anyone know if the 26-month long program affects when you can start practicing? I'm almost certain that PT students coming out of Ontario schools write their final licensing exams in the Fall after Year 2. Considering that McGill students are finishing their last placement in September and October of Year 3 (month 25 and 26 of the program), are they having to write later? 

you can practice in November 1 right away if you stay in the quebec area. If you move back to another province that requires the national exam to be completed (Nov 17) you can still work with a temporary license until you get your results back. 

It is the same situation for the ones in Ontario since the national exam is nov 17.

1 hour ago, TheBirdo said:

Hey, 

For those planning on attending QY for OT - what made you choose McGill? I'm like... 75% sure I'll choose McGill but I'm also considering U of T. So just curious about what you guys liked specifically about McGill's program. :)

Thanks! 

There's lots to consider, like living accommodation and placements. If your French is strong, finding a placement/job may be easier in Montreal as it's quite saturated in the GTA. I didn't hear the best things about UofT program from the general forum but it's up to whatever would be the best for you. Hope this helps! 

On 5/22/2019 at 9:47 PM, McGillOT said:

There's lots to consider, like living accommodation and placements. If your French is strong, finding a placement/job may be easier in Montreal as it's quite saturated in the GTA. I didn't hear the best things about UofT program from the general forum but it's up to whatever would be the best for you. Hope this helps! 

Yeah

8 minutes ago, TheBirdo said:

Yeah lots of factors for sure. Good point about placements. I also feel like placements at McGill might be easier to get to since it's smaller than all of GTA - but that's just a feeling. What's the name of the general forum? Just the accepted/waitlist/declined forum? I'm interested in what others have to say. 

Thanks!!! :)

If you don't know French it could be harder but it'll work out. I heard someone tell me there's lots of jobs there too. 

Yeah that's the forum! You should ask there too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some questions for a future applicant:

Is there an interview process for OT QY? I saw some old comments saying there was an MMI style interview

For the video portion of the application: what did you guys include in your video? Trying to gauge what is important

Thanks!

1 hour ago, otpt123 said:

Some questions for a future applicant:

Is there an interview process for OT QY? I saw some old comments saying there was an MMI style interview

For the video portion of the application: what did you guys include in your video? Trying to gauge what is important

Thanks!

No interview. For the video, just answer the questions they want from you. If you have a written statement, I would recommend taking the answers from that, making a script and having that on the screen while recording. I used my crappy Webcam and it worked fine. Make sure you stay under the time! If you want to know specifically how I made mine you can dm me. Also make sure to fill out what courses you did in the past because they'll give you extra points for those. Good luck! 

• 1 year later...
On 4/23/2019 at 6:10 PM, scaphoid13 said:

I have gotten a nomination. Best of luck to you guys!

Hi, I’m a student who has a 3.3 cGPA. Everything else is great. What are my ch aces of getting in ? What was your Gpa if you don’t mind sharing and have you come accros any student who got accepted with “low” GPA?

thank you