Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
Instagrammar

UofT 2019 Application Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

On 2/23/2019 at 1:03 AM, keener12345 said:

My predication: all March 30 is out.. just waiting on 31 and April 7! Rejections have def started to go out. Have friends who’ve been rejected ( both who didn’t meet cuts and those that did). 

Rejections to any of those not in third year and met cut offs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 1:03 AM, keener12345 said:

My predication: all March 30 is out.. just waiting on 31 and April 7! Rejections have def started to go out. Have friends who’ve been rejected ( both who didn’t meet cuts and those that did). 

Out of your friends that have been rejected, did any of them have high GPAs (3.9+)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Slickrick said:

Out of your friends that have been rejected, did any of them have high GPAs (3.9+)?

Wondering the same thing here: does anyone know of any refusals sent out to applicants who met MCAT cut off and have higher (i.e. competitive) GPA? 

Also, does anyone know how many do they interview in a cycle? 

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Wondering the same thing here: does anyone know of any refusals sent out to applicants who met MCAT cut off and have higher (i.e. competitive) GPA? 

Also, does anyone know how many do they interview in a cycle? 

Thanks in advance.

Hi the answer to your second question is: they roughly interview aprox 600 applicants (on their website) http://applymd.utoronto.ca/interviewing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, AlynHoffman said:

Has anyone heard of any 3rd years (UG) receiving an invite yet? I haven't seen any posted here, and I don't know anyone who got one yet personally ... 

10% of last years matriculants were 3 year bachelor degree students, so I would assume there is a substantially large applicant pool of third years. An additional 6% of students were no-degree (possibly some third years, likely not completing pre-reqs for general bachelors). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Instagrammar said:

10% of last years matriculants were 3 year bachelor degree students, so I would assume there is a substantially large applicant pool of third years. An additional 6% of students were no-degree (possibly some third years, likely not completing pre-reqs for general bachelors). 

If you don't mind, where did you get these statistics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp I tried to get a feel of how things are going by telling admissions I might need to make a change to my OMSAS because one of my papers got accepted and they were super tight lipped if my file has been reviewed lol. To be expected, but the wait is so killer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×