Premed 101 Forums

UofT 2019 Application Discussion Thread

Why remove the entire interview invites thread because of a handful of posts that went off topic/people asking for clarification on an II post?

Not only are you depriving future students of information regarding timing of invites/GPAs associated with invites/ECs and the like, but also that this is one of the final weeks that people are waiting to hear back so anxiety is high during a time when people just want information. 

It's tasteless. Every other school II thread has posts that deviate from the original purpose but they aren't shut down completely. 

3 minutes ago, dehindu said:

Who else is still in limbo? You think we will have another wave before the end of the week? Realistic chances of any spots remaining? 

I think the next wave will have 98% of the rejections, and hopefully a few more invites will be sent amidst the chaos. Ultimately very few files will be held onto until April 5th for last minute cancellation.

Guys I'm pretty sure lots of people have already got rejected. Just because they don't post it here doesn't mean that the "mass" rejection hasn't been sent out already. I personally know of multiple people who got rejected at the beginning of this week (and many more who got rejected prior to March). There really is no trend, and we can't assume that mass rejections have yet to be sent out. From what I've heard, most rejections have already been sent out. Anyways, let's not make assumptions or worry ourselves. We've waited for close to 3 months now, another week or two won't kill us :) 

52 minutes ago, Premed_Girl said:

Guys I'm pretty sure lots of people have already got rejected. Just because they don't post it here doesn't mean that the "mass" rejection hasn't been sent out already. I personally know of multiple people who got rejected at the beginning of this week (and many more who got rejected prior to March). There really is no trend, and we can't assume that mass rejections have yet to be sent out. From what I've heard, most rejections have already been sent out. Anyways, let's not make assumptions or worry ourselves. We've waited for close to 3 months now, another week or two won't kill us :) 

That's correct. Alot of us are basing the timing of these so called "mass rejections" based on previous forums, which has a huuuuuuuuuge selective response bias. 

1 hour ago, Premed_Girl said:

All I can say is that basically everyone I have spoken to in person in the last 2 days have not yet heard anything. They are a mix of good and not so good applicants.

Guys and gals: the truth is, we'll never know. All of our sample sizes are way too small to conclude anything meaningful at this point. 

But side note: if that is true, that most haven't heard back yet, are we saying that a DISPROPORTIONATE amount of applicants are competing for the April interview, all because our files took longer to review. I don't understand how their rolling admissions system makes sense tbh.  

7 minutes ago, scoobydoo0216 said:

Guys and gals: the truth is, we'll never know. All of our sample sizes are way too small to conclude anything meaningful at this point. 

But side note: if that is true, that most haven't heard back yet, are we saying that a DISPROPORTIONATE amount of applicants are competing for the April interview, all because our files took longer to review. I don't understand how their rolling admissions system makes sense tbh.  

Yes, I also agree that we can't conclude anything based on our assumptions or the number of people that we have talked to who have/haven't received rejections. What I meant to say is that it's not that there are 95% of rejections left to be sent out. Lots of people have been rejected already who haven't posted here and so we can't make any assumptions.

I also agree with your second statement. I don't understand how it's fair that some people received II in February for the March 30/31 and even April 7th dates, but some of us may receive invites with less than 2 weeks notice. This rolling admission seems to give an unfair advantage to some over the other. But then again, what can we do ahhh.

16 minutes ago, Premed_Girl said:

Yes, I also agree that we can't conclude anything based on our assumptions or the number of people that we have talked to who have/haven't received rejections. What I meant to say is that it's not that there are 95% of rejections left to be sent out. Lots of people have been rejected already who haven't posted here and so we can't make any assumptions.

I also agree with your second statement. I don't understand how it's fair that some people received II in February for the March 30/31 and even April 7th dates, but some of us may receive invites with less than 2 weeks notice. This rolling admission seems to give an unfair advantage to some over the other. But then again, what can we do ahhh.

They've said in one of their webinars that how much notice you are given before an interview is to a significant extent related to your geographical location as it relates to Toronto. Meaning people on the west coast and outside of Canada are likely to be given notice a month in advance of their interview date compared to someone living in Mississauga.