Premed 101 Forums

UofT 2019 Application Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, bhaggy said:

this is painful....

Literally. Has anyone heard back in regards to a regret today? Maybe there's still some hope. If all invitations have been given out for April 7th, then they would've notified all of us shortly after.... but there seems to be a significant lag in notifications right now.... so perhaps there are still more slots for April 7th. 

5 minutes ago, scoobydoo0216 said:

Literally. Has anyone heard back in regards to a regret today? Maybe there's still some hope. If all invitations have been given out for April 7th, then they would've notified all of us shortly after.... but there seems to be a significant lag in notifications right now.... so perhaps there are still more slots for April 7th. 

Maybe they've decided to host more interviews because of the greater number of qualified applicants.

The ambiguity of this process is killing me. I have had to decide if I will be switching into the thesis stream of my masters, instead of the course based that I was in because i have not heard back yet.  If I do get an interview and get accepted ill likely have to beg for a deferral and likely pass it up because UofT cannot figure out a better way to do this. My friend with a 123 chem/phys got rejected on Monday. It does not take a genius to get  a computer to send automatic rejections for those candidates.

32 minutes ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

Please tell me i'm not the only one on edge because of ^this news. I don't care if I was rejected at this point. I just need some closure to help me move on.

They must let you know by today. I would be shocked if they wait until Wednesday or Thursday to invite people. At least with my experience at the interview, you really do not need to prepare like a madman for the stations. 

8 minutes ago, Instagrammar said:

They must let you know by today. I would be shocked if they wait until Wednesday or Thursday to invite people. At least with my experience at the interview, you really do not need to prepare like a madman for the stations. 

us: UoT can't possibly let us know this late!

UoT: hold my beer