Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, premed_67 said:

Has it actually been confirmed that offers do not come out this week? I’ve read conflicting posts on this forum haha

Oh dear, I was trying to help by posting what I heard but I may have only added to the confusion! :wacko:

I was speaking to staff from Admissions office last week who told me it would not be the week of the 4th, that they expected to have them out by the week of 11th or 18th. 

However, since that conversation, others are posting here that they called and were told it could be this week, so it's entirely possible they have since changed that prediction. 

Only way to verify I guess would be to call and see what they tell ya! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mel96 said:

I also went to see them on Friday and the lady said "I guarantee it wont be this week"..... It is not coming out this week people

Is everyone talking to a different person? Each contact with the office appears to yield a different result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have heard from a friend that the admission committee meets every Monday. Do we suspect that Monday's University Closure will affect the release date of acceptance letters?

This wait is killing me and leading to a lot of forum speculation (almost can't help it haha).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 2023orBust said:

little longer... Care to elaborate?

I feel like if they were able to tell you exactly when they would be released, they would have.

Any info is good, let’s be appreciative of these heads up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MDme? said:

I feel like if they were able to tell you exactly when they would be released, they would have.

Any info is good, let’s be appreciative of these heads up! 

Forgive me, I'm a little on edge. :eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, yeeewww said:

I have heard from a friend that the admission committee meets every Monday. Do we suspect that Monday's University Closure will affect the release date of acceptance letters?

This wait is killing me and leading to a lot of forum speculation (almost can't help it haha).

 

I was wondering about that too, although I didn’t realize they meet every Monday. I suspect by now all the admissions decisions are made and the wait is currently for preparing the letters, double checking everything etc. I would guess there’s quite a bit of work after the final admissions decisions are made before results can go out, but to be honest, I really don’t know so maybe that last meeting was essential! If it was, that storm might have added an extra week to the wait. If not, then just an extra day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t worry guys, when it’s match day for residency you’ll be given the day and exact time. I found knowing exactly when your faith is decided was more stressful than just waking up one day with an email in your inbox. But until then, good luck to all applicants and stay strong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, boggie111 said:

Don’t worry guys, when it’s match day for residency you’ll be given the day and exact time. I found knowing exactly when your faith is decided was more stressful than just waking up one day with an email in your inbox. But until then, good luck to all applicants and stay strong!

Hope CaRMS treated you well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, downinggr said:

Just a little thought that I felt compelled to share.

For those of you that are fortunate enough to live in an area with Daylight Savings Time, just remember that decision letters are 1 hour closer than you may have thought.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hopefullyafuturedoc said:

is everyone who is rejected put on the waitlist? or are people who are waitlisted explicitly told?

Based on what I heard from this year's crop of Med1's, people are explicitly told that they're on the waitlist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hopefullyafuturedoc said:

is everyone who is rejected put on the waitlist? or are people who are waitlisted explicitly told?

If you're waitlisted you'll be told in your letter. If you're rejected, there is no getting on a waitlist after that, its final!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×