Premed 101 Forums

Accepted 2019

4 minutes ago, 2023orBust said:

Not sure if this is everything, but they dropped the MCAT requirement for NS / NB / PEI applicants back down to 499 from 503.

I wonder if they made those changes because not alot of people met the MCAT requirement and if that means they will offer more seats to OOP applicants this application cycle. Any thoughts?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mel96 said:

I wonder if they made those changes because not alot of people met the MCAT requirement and if that means they will offer more seats to OOP applicants this application cycle. Any thoughts?

I suspect they want to avoid offering additional seats to OOP applicants. The 30 NB seats are supported by GNB and I wonder if it doesn't sit well when they don't fill them (like last year).

Nothing like our neurotic speculation to bring a thread back to life.

To be fair there are probably many aspects to making the requirement more lenient.   Maybe to prevent OOP taking NB seats, maybe to increase revenue to offset costs of applications or maybe even things I haven't thought about yet.  

We might just have a little bit too much time on our hands to think about it.

12 minutes ago, downinggr said:

Nothing like our neurotic speculation to bring a thread back to life.

To be fair there are probably many aspects to making the requirement more lenient.   Maybe to prevent OOP taking NB seats, maybe to increase revenue to offset costs of applications or maybe even things I haven't thought about yet.  

We might just have a little bit too much time on our hands to think about it.

Is it possible to get a prescription for a medically induced coma until this is all over?

1 minute ago, MedHopeful93 said:

Because they're not ready yet!  Each year is a bit different so there's no 1 week or date they come out unfortunately. 

They went out 1st full week in March last year, do you have some inside info that indicates that is definitely not the case this year?

2 minutes ago, hopefullyafuturedoc said:

McGill tells interviewees within 1 month from the interview. their application is due two months later as well

Each school does this a bit differently I s’pose. Not wildly different from other schools in Canada, although it’d be nice to have a date for sure!  Nice to know as early as March but it’s never easy waiting 

49 minutes ago, 2023orBust said:

There were 229 NS interviewees in 2015, 199 in 2016 and 128 in 2017...

I think I misunderstood your response. My post makes no sense.

Time for that medically induced coma, I guess.

Lol I just meant I doubt it would happen despite the decrease, at the very least in the NS pool because there's always still quite a few applicants. You never know though I suppose.

23 minutes ago, beavertail said:

They said this same thing last year and were wrong so take this with a grain of salt.

This is from Admissions, not my opinion.  I’m sure they’re able to tell you the same thing if you asked.  Just try to relax and worry too much about it guys! 

12 hours ago, 2023orBust said:

Easy for you to say now! :lol:

Totally fair! I just remember reading into every little variable and agonizing over speculations which did not help me at all. 

I just heard about it not being next week and wanted to share so you can have a little less anxiety about it.  Best of luck to you all ❤️

22 minutes ago, MedHopeful93 said:

Totally fair! I just remember reading into every little variable and agonizing over speculations which did not help me at all. 

I just heard about it not being next week and wanted to share so you can have a little less anxiety about it.  Best of luck to you all ❤️

Has anyone else heard this from Admissions?

Archived