Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone. I interviewed last year and honestly it was a really strange interview for me, nothing like any other interview I've ever done. It's not really like a typical interview style that you'd intuitively prep for. My advice would be to prep all the normal interview questions that come up ('OT interview questions for grad school' search on google) plus know a lot of ongoing issues, hot topics, conflicts, and current events and struggles in the field of OT and some creative/guided solutions for said problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone that interviewed in previous years, when someone from the panel asks a question do you have to answer right away or can you take a few moments to think it over? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OTSK said:

For anyone that interviewed in previous years, when someone from the panel asks a question do you have to answer right away or can you take a few moments to think it over? Thanks

They don't explicitly say you can take a moment to consider your answer or anything along those lines. So it gives the impression you should answer right away. However, they do say they can repeat the question at any point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone, how did you find the interview went for you? Overall I don’t think there were any huge surprises but I wish I looked closer at what they were scoring me on their papers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, UBCMoT said:

Hey everyone, how did you find the interview went for you? Overall I don’t think there were any huge surprises but I wish I looked closer at what they were scoring me on their papers!

lol you mean physically looking in on their sheets :lol: "no judge, I swear I'm not creepin"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah thought it went quite well, was super nervous but was okay when it got going. They seemed very friendly and asked most of the questions I thought they were going to. The situational ones were quite unique and forced me to think quickly. Now the waiting begins!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got my offer of admission today. For those of you who don't get in or are waitlisted, don't be too hard on yourself and just focus on improving aspects of your application that you feel are lacking. I applied last year and was waitlisted around #15. For myself, I knew it was my interview that let me down, so I spent the time practicing my interview skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, housecalle said:

I just got my offer of admission today. For those of you who don't get in or are waitlisted, don't be too hard on yourself and just focus on improving aspects of your application that you feel are lacking. I applied last year and was waitlisted around #15. For myself, I knew it was my interview that let me down, so I spent the time practicing for it.

Congrats! Just wondering if you were an OOP applicant?:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×