Premed 101 Forums

University of Saskatchewan Invites/Regrets 2019

On 2/23/2019 at 8:06 PM, Throwawayawayaway2019 said:

They fill it with a combination of both. The current 1st and 2nd year class doesn't have all their aboriginal seats filled I'm pretty sure. 

Edit: Class of 2022 is 34 people, has 12 OOP. Class of 2021 is 28 people, has 8 OOP. 

Also "higher ranking dental schools" doesn't matter that much, you all write the same boards. Study hard, work hard and it'll pay off. 

But yes, the usual deterrence is because people don't like SK. 

Where these stats coming from? Are you a current student sir? 

On 3/4/2019 at 12:36 PM, Braceface25 said:

Did anyone receive a confirmation email after they have accepted their invite to the interview?I emailed them on two occasions and the office still hasn't gotten back to me.

I received one as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JOZ said:

How does everyone feel post interview? (discussing no specifics)

I feel like I tried my best and was myself but have started to second guess a couple of my answers.. trying not to focus on it too much! 

I have heard from several people that your GPA/DAT is what determines if you get an interview and your interview score determines whether or not you are accepted/rejected.. anyone know if this is true?  

10 minutes ago, Dent25 said:

I feel like I tried my best and was myself but have started to second guess a couple of my answers.. trying not to focus on it too much! 

I have heard from several people that your GPA/DAT is what determines if you get an interview and your interview score determines whether or not you are accepted/rejected.. anyone know if this is true?  

While I'm not exactly sure, just from the website, it appears as though the interview makes up for about 20% of the overall weighting in your score. Although, I'd expect the interview would likely comprise the majority of weighting (post-interview) as opposed to it being evenly distributed with DAT/ GPA.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys! This is one of the only latest USask Thread I found so I will seek for advice here.

I am currently in 2nd year at uRegina, taking my prereqs right now. I am more so leaning forward to uSask dentistry as in IP but I plan on also applying for UofA.

I was wondering: does uSask look into extra curriculars? I've viewed the admission process and it seems as if they do not take in ECs as part of admissions. With Covid, I had to cancel my shadowing plans with my dentist and there is not much I can really do so I am kind of stressed out.

Thanks everyone!