Premed 101 Forums

Education Courses Included in ORPAS GPA Calculation

On the ORPAS website they say that they do not normally include "Bachelor of Education Programs" in their GPA calculation for PT. However, it also says that each university may use a different GPA than what is calculated by ORPAS, based on their own admissions criteria. I have a few courses that may fall under the faculty of education (Educational Psychology/EPSE and Counselling Psychology/CNPS) here at UBC within my last 20 credits on my transcript, although I am a Kinesiology student. I am not in a Bachelor of Education so are they only referring to these courses not being accepted if you are taking a Bachelor of Education? Has anyone in the past taken these types of courses and still found them included in their GPA calculation?

Hello,

I believe when I applied they did not accept any EPSE courses in my GPA since they were under the Faculty of Education, I am not sure about other courses however. My GPA ended up being much lower than I had calculated. So yes I do think they take that into consideration. However they also did tell me each school may have a slightly different GPA from what ORPAS calculates based on their criteria. You can email them and ask, they are good at replying.

Good luck!

Archived