Premed 101 Forums

UofT DDS acceptance/waitlist/reject 2019

Accepted 

GPA with worst year dropped: 3.92

DAT: 23 AA / 19 PAT

Interview: Felt alright, guess it was good enough.

Curious that we have to accept/reject the offer by March 8th, I guess UofT wants you to be committed to them lol. Was this the case before as well? Because that leaves me wondering how the waitlist was moving from March-August in previous years?

52 minutes ago, Human Being said:

Accepted 

Curious that we have to accept/reject the offer by March 8th, I guess UofT wants you to be committed to them lol. Was this the case before as well? Because that leaves me wondering how the waitlist was moving from March-August in previous years?

Yeah they gave you 2 weeks to accept last year as well. Waitlist still moved into the early 30's last year albeit verry slowly. Majority of movement happened in August. 

1 hour ago, Human Being said:

Accepted 

Also does this mean they have to receive the slip + check by March 8? Or the mail has to be dated before then? With the postal strike I’m a little worried...

5 hours ago, toothurty said:

Yeah they gave you 2 weeks to accept last year as well. Waitlist still moved into the early 30's last year albeit verry slowly. Majority of movement happened in August. 

So  since the waitlist moved past March that means people accepted the offer, gave their non-refundable $2000 deposit, and THEN rejected their acceptance in favour of some other dental/medical school? That means people are leaving $2000 on the table? Damn.

9 hours ago, Human Being said:

So  since the waitlist moved past March that means people accepted the offer, gave their non-refundable $2000 deposit, and THEN rejected their acceptance in favour of some other dental/medical school? That means people are leaving $2000 on the table? Damn.

Yup! At least UofT's deposit is only $2000 I think UBC is like $13000? and still I've heard of people giving that up to go to a different school. I guess when you're dealing with hundreds of thousands of dollars of tuition/living expenses over the next 4 years what's a measly $2000 :P

10 hours ago, healthcare11 said:

To those accepted, 

It's generally agreed upon that we have to have a 75+% GPA in ALL our current courses in order to be FULLY (and not conditionally) accepted, correct? 

To clarify, not an ANNUAL gpa of > 3.0 but literally every course has to be >3.0. 

I believe it is a 3.0 average over your entire year this year, not for each course. It says "an annual GPA" of 3.0. 

21 hours ago, healthcare11 said:

Exactly you guys, 

The FAQ page mentions annual GPA

While 

The acceptance letter says any courses

I'll be sure to inform the forum once we get to the bottom of this 

Can confirm. Source: 1st year who experimented with this by shitting the bed on my last exam of undergrad cuz I didn't care.