Premed 101 Forums

Need to submit undergrad grades for neurology, will they share with other programs at same school? And if I apply to my undergrad school do they have access to transcript?

karussell

I had some tough courses in undergrad, and unfortunately came out with some less than stellar grades. It was good enough to get into med school, and I thought those were behind me. I recently learned, though, that several programs in neurology actually request undergraduate transcripts (seems ridiculous to me, but those are the rules). If I apply to a program that requires it, will they potentially share my transcript with other programs at that school (e.g., internal med)?

Second but related question: if I apply to residency at the institution where I did my undergrad, will they have access to those grades whether I submit them or not?

2 minutes ago, beeboop said:

why would they share it with other programs? And why would those other programs ask for it? If those programs wanted it, they would have put it as one of their requirements.

There are a whole host of reasons why they might not officially ask for it, but a whole lot of the process happens unofficially.

1 hour ago, beeboop said:

why would they share it with other programs? And why would those other programs ask for it? If those programs wanted it, they would have put it as one of their requirements.

Agreed. Programs already have enough things to look and and way too many applicants to review. As such, no they likely won't share it and no the program won't look for marks/transcripts unless its part of their requirement for all applicants. 

Archived