Premed 101 Forums

MD/PhD Acceptances

29 minutes ago, Malulu123 said:

It's already out, I know people who received their acceptances. Personally confirmed 2 of them.

edit: U of T doesn't send rejections for MD/PhD. You will hear back in May for MD if you failed to make the cut.

Do you know if the first round of offers are sent out all in one shot, or are the somewhat staggered?

24 minutes ago, walter sobchak said:

Do you know if the first round of offers are sent out all in one shot, or are the somewhat staggered?

I can't be certain but I'm fairly sure its all in one shot. They only accept 8-9 students max. As a result of the recent cut in funding, its not expected to go up.

Hi sorry for the confusion. I guess people have already clarified things above. The subject above is correct.

I am not comfortable with sharing all the details due to the small MD PhD class size and privacy concerns, but I do want to help current and future applicants judge their position.

TIME STAMP: Mar 11

cGPA: Before weighting is below U of T posted average, but not extremely far

MCAT: Met cutoff not high

ECs: Heavy clinical research with publications

Essays: Don't think I am the best essay writer, but I was quite passionate about the topics.

Year: Undergrad

If anyone who got accepted wants to meet on campus I am more than happy to meet my future classmates!

For anyone who is still waiting, good luck and I'm sure you'll do great. See you all in September!

• 3 weeks later...