Premed 101 Forums

TPR mock mcat

missindep

hey guys,

So I plan on taking the MCAT this upcoming summer, and I just did the Princeton Review mock MCAT to see where I'm at before starting my MCAT studying journey. I was shocked to see that I got a 121 in CARS RIP. Just wondering, does anyone know if the TPR CARS questions are representative of the real exam?

thanks in advance!

TPR tests tend not to be the most representative of the actual MCAT, however, TPR CARS in particular is one of the closest things to the real MCAT CARS outside of AAMC CARS. I would highly recommend the TPR Hyper learning CARS book. It is very helpful and can provide you with a ton of good solid practice.

I wouldn't stress if you haven't started to study or practice anything since all of the skills associated with CARS can come with practice. Feel free to reach out if you need more specific tips.

Best of luck.

I got a 498 (122/124/123/129) on that test when I wrote it in November 2017 prior to any studying.

Started studying ~April 26th, 2018, wrote my test at the end of July 2018 and scored 513 (126/128/127/132). I found the CARS on the mock TPR test super difficult because I hadn't done any questions like that before. I fell for the wrong answer choices due to not reading the question carefully, and I was also soooo slow at reading that I ran out of time for the last passages.

Do lots of practice and try to figure out why you're choosing the wrong answers and you will likely see a good improvement!

On 3/10/2019 at 12:32 PM, UWCC said:

I got a 498 (122/124/123/129) on that test when I wrote it in November 2017 prior to any studying.

Started studying ~April 26th, 2018, wrote my test at the end of July 2018 and scored 513 (126/128/127/132). I found the CARS on the mock TPR test super difficult because I hadn't done any questions like that before. I fell for the wrong answer choices due to not reading the question carefully, and I was also soooo slow at reading that I ran out of time for the last passages.

Do lots of practice and try to figure out why you're choosing the wrong answers and you will likely see a good improvement!

On 3/3/2019 at 2:52 PM, medgunner101 said:

TPR tests tend not to be the most representative of the actual MCAT, however, TPR CARS in particular is one of the closest things to the real MCAT CARS outside of AAMC CARS. I would highly recommend the TPR Hyper learning CARS book. It is very helpful and can provide you with a ton of good solid practice.

I wouldn't stress if you haven't started to study or practice anything since all of the skills associated with CARS can come with practice. Feel free to reach out if you need more specific tips.

Best of luck.

thank you so so much to the both of you, makes me feel a bit better!! 

Archived