Premed 101 Forums

Atlantic Bridge - Irish Dental School 2019

On 7/4/2019 at 6:28 PM, Sa1322 said:

I just got accepted into the 4 year program at UCC. It was unexpected since I applied to the undergrad program because I didn't have the honours degree reqirement. I still haven't heard from TCD.

do you mind sharing your stats here. it would be super helpful.

14 hours ago, orgolover said:

Yes, GPA and what was your major? Did you have a BA or BSc? Did you do honours? I have heard Irish schools pay more attention to science applicants. 

I honestly didn't have a very good gpa because of bad first couple of years of uni. I think overall around 3.2. I majored in molecular bio/biochem and minored in psych but not an honours degree. I also did a few elective courses outside my major which I think really helped my application like microbiology, anatomy and physiology.

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SSDent said:

just got a rejection from cork :(

Hey I know it's hard but don't let this discourage you too much and use it as motivation. Many people myself included did not get into dental school the first time and took a couple of tries. See what you can do to make yourself a more competitive applicant and try reapplying again next year! 

44 minutes ago, Basc72 said:

Don’t really know what happened lmao — rejected. But I was accepted to Toronto, uwo, and Saskatchewan, so idk what’s up there...

I’m confident my references gave me great letters, so it wasn’t that. 

WOW  I am assuming you had great gpa and dat?! What about EC's? I think Irish schools give priority to EC's. But honestly, you got into cheaper options lol congrats!!!!!

Do you mind sharing your stats? (I am applying this cycle and just wondering where I am at) Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2019 at 11:29 AM, HopefulDDS said:

Also accepted to Cork 4 year. Will not be accepting

Hey!

i am applying for the next Fall 2020 entry and I was wondering when you guys who got accepted in the 1st round of offers had your application (all documents) sent to the Atlantic Bridge?

thank you.

11 hours ago, dental0550 said:

Hey!

i am applying for the next Fall 2020 entry and I was wondering when you guys who got accepted in the 1st round of offers had your application (all documents) sent to the Atlantic Bridge?

thank you.

I had everything submitted including letters of recommendation by December 21st. I started the process by requesting my application December 7th, but supplemental forms and getting your references to send in their letters at this time of year is quite hectic so plan for that. They recommend completing your application before January 1st to be considered for first round acceptances.

27 minutes ago, BiomedEng said:

I am still waiting to hear from TCD. I called them last week they said I was on a waitlist. The lady said there was only a hand full of applicants left to hear back.

What is your waitlist number? Do you think they’ll create more seats for us or just reject us?

I called again today to check. The lady said it was not a formal waitlist so she was not able to give me a number. Basically they sent out all the offer letters and are waiting for someone to turndown the offer. Once a spot frees up they will evaluate which of the remaining candidates is the most fit. No numbers were given to me but the lady told me that there are less than 10 people left with no offer/rejection letter