Proof of Citizenship

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, pyridoxal-phosphate said:

Me :(

32 minutes ago, NothingButNetters said:

Solidarité!

Don’t worry!  They’ll get through all of them hopefully by end of this week.  I actually emailed them about it lol, and they said:

”We expect to finish updating these statuses soon.”

Admission status: Proof of citizenship received AKA Accepted!

Timestamp: 5:16 pm PST

Proof of citizenship used: Canadian passport.

Proof of citizenship status: received.

Interview: Gave them a photocopy of my passport so pretty sure I nailed it.

Can't wait to meet you all in August! ;)

/s

1 minute ago, struggling2getin said:

Not updated.. :(

Dont know what to think I thought the interview went ok overall but blanked out on a couple of stations. A bit too disappointed right now but will edit and post stats later

I don’t think there’s cause for concern. Like I have no idea why PoC garnered so much attention this year... Still 8-9 more weeks of Shrodinger cat-like uncertainty 

10 hours ago, Instagrammar said:

They have been updating since February. Mine was updated 2.5 weeks after my interview on the second weekend. It probably updates as they review your file.

Could they be going alphabetically or perhaps the time you submitted the application (early or late deadline)? If you don't mind me asking did you apply for the early deadline or are you OOP?

4 hours ago, bhaggy said:

Could they be going alphabetically or perhaps the time you submitted the application (early or late deadline)? If you don't mind me asking did you apply for the early deadline or are you OOP?

I submitted regular deadline and OOP. I also uploaded the scan of my passport the day I got the invite. 

Not sure if this will help improve anyone's anxiety about this topic, but I had mine updated on Feb 13th after emailing them asking them to update it, therefore I highly doubt it has anything to do with your admission result. I think the admin just had a minute and updated it. 

17 hours ago, this_process_is_death said:

I don’t think there’s cause for concern. Like I have no idea why PoC garnered so much attention this year... Still 8-9 more weeks of Shrodinger cat-like uncertainty 

I was following off the joke above me :P
In any case, I got updated today for an upload date of Jan 23

I have to admit that this thread has been entertaining. It’s hard to wait, got to have something to talk about!

ok, so let’s talk about when we will actually hear back. I’m a first time applicant so all new to me. From past threads, seems to be May 11th - do both acceptances/rejections/Waitlists happen same day? Will it be May 10, the Friday when we hear? Will we get a head’s up email a week before? Mysteries abound.

ok, discuss! 

1 hour ago, Muffincups said:

I have to admit that this thread has been entertaining. It’s hard to wait, got to have something to talk about!

ok, so let’s talk about when we will actually hear back. I’m a first time applicant so all new to me. From past threads, seems to be May 11th - do both acceptances/rejections/Waitlists happen same day? Will it be May 10, the Friday when we hear? Will we get a head’s up email a week before? Mysteries abound.

ok, discuss! 

We will get an email mid-April telling us when D-day will be. Judging from past cycles it seems to be the 2nd friday of May, so the 8th. However, that seems a bit early.

Whatever date they decide, *usually* rejections come out ~10am, then waitlists ~11:30, then offers ~ noon.

2 hours ago, Muffincups said:

ok, discuss! 

So yeah, as @this_process_is_death has mentioned:  All results will come out on the same day, AKA D-Day or Judgement Day or The Apocalypse (pick your favourite) – this will be either on May 9 (Thursday), May 10 (Friday), May 13 (Monday), or May 14 (Tuesday), I think.  Back a few years ago, rejections always came between 9-10 AM, then waitlists between 10-11 AM, then finally offers between 11 AM - 12 PM.  BUT, times have shifted recently with results coming out later.  Honestly, anything after 9 AM is GG lol.

Many prayers will be sent that day, including ones from myself:

praying-gif-23.gif

* Bonus points for anyone who watches this.

For those folks who said they interviewed in the past with Above Average results and are also in this year’s applicant pool, do you know what was the crux/demise of your application those previous years? (i.e., Not uploading documents? Low MCAT? Poor choice of verifiers/references?)

Were you able to make some changes for this cycle? Some insight would be lovely! 

4 hours ago, NothingButNetters said:

For those folks who said they interviewed in the past with Above Average results and are also in this year’s applicant pool, do you know what was the crux/demise of your application those previous years? (i.e., Not uploading documents? Low MCAT? Poor choice of verifiers/references?)

Were you able to make some changes for this cycle? Some insight would be lovely! 

Sup! I had an above average interview, ~31 AQ and ~42 NAQ. My MCAT was 510ish last cycle. I rewrote this year and got a 522 so here’s hoping the med school gods will be merciful this time around.

Archived