Premed 101 Forums

M.D., C.M. Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted - Fall 2019 Admission

cardiomed

Hey Guys

I hope that I don’t create a panic with this post. 

As we get closer to the magical Monday, please use this thread to report your outcomes.

I removed EC and cGPA as at this point it is only prereq GPA that plays a role:

TIME STAMP: 

Result: 

pre-reqGPA: 
MCAT: 
Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA):

Year: 

IP/OOP/International: 

comments:

Good Luck to all my comrades. Every step of this journey has been bitter sweet. There has been tears of joy and disappointment but very soon we shall know of our destiny. No matter the outcomes, let us we are much grander than this decision. 

“Remember your dreams and fight for them. You must know what you want from life. There is just one thing that makes your dream become impossible: the fear of failure.”

May the odds be ever in your favor! 

Good Luck!!!!

0DF60081-4DA5-45EB-A053-18329C1A5B5B.png

1 hour ago, dreamteam22 said:

My guess is that answers will come out on Tuesday, March 26th because the office of admissions is releasing medP invites on March 25th. (but who knows!) Good luck. This post's notification made my heart sink. 

I 'd be surprised. Then they will either send MedP invites earlier or offers of admissions for university students earlier.... it's not like McGill to delay from target dates. This year it happened for university invites only because of the snow day. 

8 minutes ago, Elgar said:

I 'd be surprised. Then they will either send MedP invites earlier or offers of admissions for university students earlier.... it's not like McGill to delay from target dates. This year it happened for university invites only because of the snow day. 

Their target date for MDCM admission offer is not March 25th, it's the "week of March 25th". However, the target date for medP invites is March 25th. Using that information, I'm guessing we might find out on the 26th. However, I may be wrong, and they can perhaps submit both answers on the same day. It's just a lot of work for them I think. 

3 hours ago, dreamteam22 said:

Their target date for MDCM admission offer is not March 25th, it's the "week of March 25th". However, the target date for medP invites is March 25th. Using that information, I'm guessing we might find out on the 26th. However, I may be wrong, and they can perhaps submit both answers on the same day. It's just a lot of work for them I think. 

Oh you're right! pretty sure they just said March 25 when I did the interview though, but I didn't look at their website after. Anyways, it is unlikely they'll send both invites and offers on the same day. We'll see! :D 

On 3/12/2019 at 12:37 PM, dreamteam22 said:

My guess is that answers will come out on Tuesday, March 26th because the office of admissions is releasing medP invites on March 25th. (but who knows!) Good luck. This post's notification made my heart sink. 

I'm thinking the same ! Or the 25th but afternoon ? 

21 hours ago, DrMario said:

I'm thinking the same ! Or the 25th but afternoon ? 

They usually change minerva status in the AM for admit, refused, and WL. If we`re lucky we might find out on March 22 (friday) but more likely on 26th (tuesday). They change minerva status manually so I think it`s quite a lot of work to do MedP and ROQU on the SAME day lol. I am getting really scared as the date gets close and dreading a refusal lolol

4 hours ago, dreamteam22 said:

They usually change minerva status in the AM for admit, refused, and WL. If we`re lucky we might find out on March 22 (friday) but more likely on 26th (tuesday). They change minerva status manually so I think it`s quite a lot of work to do MedP and ROQU on the SAME day lol. I am getting really scared as the date gets close and dreading a refusal lolol

We've done our best, now all we can do is wait ! I hope for you it works out, but if not, keep your head up high and don't give up !

I like the rationale of why Tuesday is a more likely scenario. Will make it easier if the results come out that day or earlier, rather than if I were expecting the results Friday or Monday. 

Another possibility might be that the med-ps find out earlier (i.e. Friday) and MDCM results come out on Monday. Oh well...too many possibilities. Anyway, it's not like the outcome will change. All we can do is wait. I imagine this must be a super busy time for AdCom!

How's everyone holding up?

2 minutes ago, DrMario said:

Why are you guys coming up with all these theories ? It is clearly indicated on their site that the target date is the "week of the 25th". Do McGill normally submit their admission results before the target date ? 

Yes. 4 days before in 2017. I got my lovely refusal post-MMI. 

Just now, DrMario said:

Oh, i'm sorry to hear that, I hope it goes well this time around ! What about last year ? When was the answer given ? Also, do they send an email right away or we're gonna have to check it on Minerva ?

They update answers manually I believe on Minerva first. Whatever the final decision is, it will be updated on Minerva, followed by an official e-mail around 10:07 pm. (yes, I know the drill all too well). 

Refresh minerva as soon as people start posting on premed101 about final decisions. There is no specific pattern of admit/WL/refuse decisions on minerva in terms of what time they come out... The only thing I've noticed is that acceptances come out as of around 8:30AM, whereas refusals and WL come out later in the morning. (that's just my experience/observation). 

4 minutes ago, DrMario said:

Oh, i'm sorry to hear that, I hope it goes well this time around ! What about last year ? When was the answer given ? Also, do they send an email right away or we're gonna have to check it on Minerva ?

Last year, if memory serves, the answers came out the day they stated.. they said "week of march 26"" and answers came out March 26 i think... 

Just now, dreamteam22 said:

Last year, if memory serves, the answers came out the day they stated.. they said "week of march 26"" and answers came out March 26 i think... 

If they do come out earlier this year, like in 2017, i'm guessing it would be either Thursday or Friday. On the 25th, they're sending the invitation to the CEGEP students for their interviews, so I don't know how they'd manage to do both (our answers + their invitations) in the morning since it's all done manually. In this scenario, i wouldn't be surprised to receive an answer the 26th. 

Just now, DrMario said:

If they do come out earlier this year, like in 2017, i'm guessing it would be either Thursday or Friday. On the 25th, they're sending the invitation to the CEGEP students for their interviews, so I don't know how they'd manage to do both (our answers + their invitations) in the morning since it's all done manually. In this scenario, i wouldn't be surprised to receive an answer the 26th. 

I think 26th too, but I hope Friday !! 

To all my friends who are eagerly and impatiently waiting like myself, whether it is Friday Monday or Tuesday let’s take our mind off of it a little bit;

I came across this and it really helped me, I hope It can come your nerves down a bit as well. 

This man was a personal hero of mine! 

2 hours ago, 3rdtimesthecharm said:

The med students at the interview mentioned that responses typically come out at the end of the target week so it will probably be more the 28th or 29th

Really? The med student at my table said she received her response (last year) during the week before the target date 

45 minutes ago, docvibe said:

Really? The med student at my table said she received her response (last year) during the week before the target date 

Not necessarily. Last year, we recieved the answers on the 26th and the target week was the 26th. However, we Med-P invites surely coming out on the 25th, we could expect them to be delayed of a day or two. Imo 

4 hours ago, 3rdtimesthecharm said:

The med students at the interview mentioned that responses typically come out at the end of the target week so it will probably be more the 28th or 29th

This is a possibility, but I think less likely to occur. They usually release MDCM decisions as soon as they can I think,,, it's either been earlier or on the day of the "week of" that they've stated in the past 2-3 years.