Premed 101 Forums

M.D., C.M. Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted - Fall 2019 Admission

cardiomed

5 minutes ago, MD.VA said:

Luckily I have a day off tomorrow so I can cry at home. That or get wasted in anticipation.

Rooting for good news before you get to that point! Luckily Minerva tends to update pretty early in the morning.

Good luck to everyone, and no matter how anyone feels about their results, feel free to reach out to me if you need someone to talk to

We are almost there, now we are at the last stretch. In about 12 hours from now, we will be starting to get our results. It is safe to assume that most of us are going to go through some roller coaster of emotions. I just wanted everyone to remember how much hard work and effort we all have put into this application. Remember that you are an amazing applicant and attending the McGill interview is already an amazing achievement. Whatever the result is tomorrow, we don't have control over it and it is already determined. Keep your head up high and let's hope for the best! 

Tomorrow I'll be at work when I get the news, and I realized that no matter the outcome, the same scenario will play out. I'll stand up real fast from my chair (maniac-like manner), look at my co-worker with a blank stare, just rush out of the office without saying anything to anyone, get in my car, call my wife and let her know the good/bad news, drive for 30 min while screaming/sobbing (ecstasy or rage), park back at the office, go back to my desk and resume work as if nothing happened... Then my co-worker will ask me, are you OK? What was that all about? Hopefully I can tell the good news instead of the awkward: "sure, don't worry everything's fine!"

8 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Tomorrow I'll be at work when I get the news, and I realized that no matter the outcome, the same scenario will play out. I'll stand up real fast from my chair (maniac-like manner), look at my co-worker with a blank stare, just rush out of the office without saying anything to anyone, get in my car, call my wife and let her know the good/bad news, drive for 30 min while screaming/sobbing (ecstasy or rage), park back at the office, go back to my desk and resume work as if nothing happened... Then my co-worker will ask me, are you OK? What was that all about? Hopefully I can tell the good news instead of the awkward: "sure, don't worry everything's fine!"

be careful on your drive

amazing how you broke it down into a simple scenario that just needs the result input yet there's still so much uncertainty! 

Seems like a lifetime since the interview! Can't believe we'll be receiving important news in a few hours!!!

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement - they are very much needed at this time :) 

All the best to the amazing applicants. It was a pleasure to meet some of you during this process and I know you'll make great doctors. I agree with posters above that we should hold our heads high. It is not an easy process and we should be proud that we have made it this far.