Premed 101 Forums

M.D., C.M. Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted - Fall 2019 Admission

cardiomed

5 minutes ago, docvibe said:

Do they work through lunch?

No, but it depends when they take their lunch break. It is usually 1-2 people updating the Minerva profiles on the day of.

Last year I think everything was done by 2pm because I was at the office at 3PM and the lady had just said she was just finished updating. 

Congrats to all who got their acceptance today! And for those who didn't, don't be discouraged and don't give up. It must be a nerve-racking day.

I'm doing my interview with P-Med's because of a severe scheduling conflict back in February, so I have another 2 months to wait before I receive a response :(

50 minutes ago, 20206111 said:

I CANT BREATHE. I CANT BREATHE. 

ACCEPTED. 

5th time applying, 2nd time interviewing , IP

Guys never fucking give up. I have two undergrads, I'm doing my masters, I redid 4 of my cegep classes (yes i was 25 and hustling it in cegep). 3,85 science GPA.

IM OFF RUNNING SOMEWHERE SCREAMING THAT IM HAPPY. PM me for anything. 

Amazing!! Congrats :D!

TIME STAMP:  11:00am

Result: Admitted with condition.

pre-reqGPA: 3.92
MCAT: Not submitted.
Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): You can see in my post history that I really thought I didn’t perform well especially in one station that I pretty much bombed. But I guess you never know! 
Year: 5th year undergrad

IP/OOP/International: IP

Good luck to others still waiting to hear back! 

TIME STAMP: ~12:05 (Didnt check from 11:26-12:05)

Result: Admitted with condition!!

pre-reqGPA: ~3.7
MCAT: Not submitted
Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I walked out of the building thinking I could have done so much better and was wondering about redoing my pre-reqs for next cycle. I did/said some things that I felt, in hindsight, were very stupid. Was sure that I messed up 1-3 station really bad (incomplete, misunderstood, not enough content).  I felt really good about 3-4 stations. Trying to keep it vague. But, everything I said or did was entirely me. I showed my true emotions (confused, worried, happy) while being professional this time. I suppose they really look to see if your behavior is genuine or not. 

Comments: Never ever give up on your dreams! Im a reapplicant and last year was especially brutal after my post-interview result. The post by Hoopdreams is what got me through the summer and what pushed me to do better. I don't think I can say it better than them. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions on what helped me improve myself this year!

For those still waiting, good luck and keep your head up high, it is almost over! 
For those in waitlist, never lose hope. Last year, the waitlist moved to 27-28, so we never know how far it can go. 
For those refused, don't let this setback get you down in the long run. It is perfectly ok to be upset or cry but then get back, brush off the tears and crush life. Medicine is all about resilience and perseverance! So show them what you are made off! 

TIME STAMP: 2:00PM (BRUTAL WAIT)

Result: Admitted with Condition!!!

pre-reqGPA: N/A
MCAT: N/A
Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I honestly felt very well prepared and like I did very well

Year: Finished masters, RD

IP/OOP/International: IP, NTP

comments: Now to figure out if I need to do a QY!!!!!!! 

EDIT: I just completed the process of appealing the need for a QY and was successful. If anyone wants to reach out via DM, please do! 

Edited by RD2BE
Added more information.

Just now, RD2BE said:

TIME STAMP: 2:00PM (BRUTAL WAIT)

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I honestly felt very well prepared and like I did very well

Year: Finished masters, RD

comments: Now to figure out if I need to do a QY!!!!!!! 

Im NTP too and I haven't heard back yet but as for the QY, how can you find out?

TIME STAMP: 2:09PM

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I felt like I tried my best but i really had no idea what they were looking for in those scenarios so wasn't sure 

Year: 5th year undergrad 

Comments: shocked :O

50 minutes ago, DRAGMA said:

TIME STAMP: ~12:05 (Didnt check from 11:26-12:05)

Result: Admitted with condition!!

pre-reqGPA: ~3.7
MCAT: Not submitted
Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I walked out of the building thinking I could have done so much better and was wondering about redoing my pre-reqs for next cycle. I did/said some things that I felt, in hindsight, were very stupid. Was sure that I messed up 1-3 station really bad (incomplete, misunderstood, not enough content).  I felt really good about 3-4 stations. Trying to keep it vague. But, everything I said or did was entirely me. I showed my true emotions (confused, worried, happy) while being professional this time. I suppose they really look to see if your behavior is genuine or not. 

Comments: Never ever give up on your dreams! Im a reapplicant and last year was especially brutal after my post-interview result. The post by Hoopdreams is what got me through the summer and what pushed me to do better. I don't think I can say it better than them. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions on what helped me improve myself this year!

For those still waiting, good luck and keep your head up high, it is almost over! 
For those in waitlist, never lose hope. Last year, the waitlist moved to 27-28, so we never know how far it can go. 
For those refused, don't let this setback get you down in the long run. It is perfectly ok to be upset or cry but then get back, brush off the tears and crush life. Medicine is all about resilience and perseverance! So show them what you are made off! 

Congrats, you deserve it :)

TIME STAMP: 2:28 PM

Result: Accepted w/ condition !

pre-reqGPA: 3.94
Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Had no clue at all, did my best and answered to the best of my knowledge. I messed up one of the stations very badly, but was feeling OK for the other ones

comments: Can't believe it.. My first interview and I get in ! Can't wait to meet you guys ! Good luck to all the ones still waiting for their responses and to all the ones on the waitlist and who got rejected, don't give up, your time will come ! :-)