Premed 101 Forums

Med-P Applicants R Score and Invites /Regrets 2019

MD-2024

• 2 years later...
On 3/22/2019 at 5:35 PM, Domo2019 said:

refused for premed today 22 march 2019 

Programs where you  applied: premed and neurosciences 

R Score (Cégep) :      36.6:

Your feeling about the Casper test: not very well , was stresssed , but answered the majority of the questions, but let some blanks  !

Extracurriculars, a quick overview of your CV:  tutor, Worked as a préposé on a hospital, music and volonteering in cultrual events in my region! 

i am really angry, and desapointed, thought with 36,6 would be at least interviewed or waitlisted !

is some one here in the same  situation !? 

I'm a first year in CEGEP and I'd like to know what was the key for you getting those high R scores, For now, my strategy was just work work work, and It is working so far, but I don't know if  that's the way to go..

That is the way to go, together with time & stress management skills, AND allowing no distractions such as a needy s.o. who can derail your ambitions.

Moreover, be prepared to go to university for an undergrad degree as not all will be accepted directly from Cegep. This is a very lengthy marathon that requires high motivation, continuous hard work and relentless perseverance.

I did not have either the grades or maturity in Cegep, I got in after undergrad and now am in practice.