Premed 101 Forums

DMD mcgill

capri95

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year was an exceptional year, but i think the waitlist is approx. 12 spots. They also added the DAT's which may affect the applicants that applied to both med and dent (having more applicants who only apply to Dent versus applying to both). 

From what I've read at U de M and U de laval (the other 2 dent schools in Quebec), the waitlist tends to move 12+, so if were to base if off of that, since they also have the DAT requirement, and McGill previous waitlist ranking statistics, it may or may not change? 

8 hours ago, Jazzy said:

Last year was an exceptional year, but i think the waitlist is approx. 12 spots. They also added the DAT's which may affect the applicants that applied to both med and dent (having more applicants who only apply to Dent versus applying to both). 

I called the admissions office, this year there are 30 people on the IP waitlist.

9 hours ago, Dentalh said:

Thank you!

Did they tell why they have made such a long list? Do they really expect the movement like last year?

Sorry I didn't ask why. But I don't think 30 is a long list. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it's common for schools to have enough people on the waitlist to replace the entire class.

2 hours ago, doodobro said:

Sorry I didn't ask why. But I don't think 30 is a long list. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it's common for schools to have enough people on the waitlist to replace the entire class.

It is true, but there are only 20 spots for admission. Yet they keep 30 ppl on waitlist this year and last year. I may be wrong, but I think they had only 20 wl spots in 2017?!

20 hours ago, Dentalh said:

It is true, but there are only 20 spots for admission. Yet they keep 30 ppl on waitlist this year and last year. I may be wrong, but I think they had only 20 wl spots in 2017?!

Can I ask how do you know about the 2017 spots on the waitlist? I am only asking to figure if they put people on the waitlist based on their anticipation of its movement. In 2017, it only moved to 11. Could it be they put less on the waitlist because they anticipated it is not gonna move much?

2 hours ago, fireeyed said:

Can I ask how do you know about the 2017 spots on the waitlist? I am only asking to figure if they put people on the waitlist based on their anticipation of its movement. In 2017, it only moved to 11. Could it be they put less on the waitlist because they anticipated it is not gonna move much?

That was exactly my point that I want to understand as well. I am not 100% sure, sorry, but that what I remember it was in 2017. We may check the thread for that year. 

Archived