Premed 101 Forums

Please help with school list for USMD!!

Hello all,

I am a Canadian looking into applying to the States by June 1st. Here are my stats:

cGPA: 3.85 (5 years of undergrad, last 3 years are 4.0), sGPA: 3.98 , MCAT #1 (3 years ago): 500 , MCAT #2: 510 , Graduate GPA: 4.0

ECs: MSc student, multiple publications, 4+ years of research experience, poster presentations, elite international level athlete for 20+ years, lots of volunteering and shadowing hours, other unique ECs

I know that my MCAT is on the lower side (especially my first score!!). I know that I can raise it if I rewrite but I know that the States looks down on multiple retakes so I'm not going to retake it and will apply with this score. I think that other parts of my application are strong (hopefully).

Here is the school list that I have so far:

1. University of Connecticut
  2. Tulane
  3. University of Illinois
  4. Virginia Commonwealth
  5. West Virginia
  6. Albert Einstein
  7. George Washington
  8. Kentucky
  9. Emory
  10. Central Michigan
  11. Rosalind Franklin
  12. Michigan State
  13. New York medical college
  14. Wayne state
  15. Penn state
  16. Suny upstate
  17. Georgetown
  18. Rutgers

I'm not sure if I should add BostonU and Case Western to my list or not (due to my MCAT score). 

Thank you so much in advance for your help!!!!

18 hours ago, billy55555 said:

What is your MCAT#2 score breakdown and which province do you reside?

your last 3 years of 4.0 (OMSAS?) should get you an invite to Ottawa, Queens, UofT. What am I missing here?

I've applied to Canadian schools already but would like to get my States application prepared for next cycle as well, that's why I need help putting together a list :) Also, just because I have the GPA doesn't mean that I will get into those schools and want to maximize my chances for the next cycle. Do you have any suggestions?

Boost your Casper for Ottawa and mac. Suspect that held u back. 

I'm suggesting u look within as a high GPA student does not fit the profile of most canadian USA medschool applicants. Also the repeat MCAT hurts you in most USA schools that average out the scores.

Good for you to maximize chances but also reflect why you are not getting the invites you expected or offers after being interviewed...

Archived