Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Pre-Interview Med-P

MD-2024

Hi guys!

So I am on the pre-interview waitlist and I wanted to know if the past years someone has been in the same situation and finally got an invitation for the MMI? 

I couldn't find any data on the internet...

Are the chances of getting an interview really slim..?

Thank you!!!

I thought maybe they will OPEN more places after considering other factors (money, places determined by the government, idk..?)... Who knows? Why would there be a «pre-interview waitlist» then...?

And there is no pre-interview waitlist at the francos for what I know...

It would be very helpful to know if someone got an invitation last year from the waitlist.. if yes, how many?

24 minutes ago, LouLou19 said:

I thought maybe they will OPEN more places after considering other factors (money, places determined by the government, idk..?)... Who knows? Why would there be a «pre-interview waitlist» then...?

And there is no pre-interview waitlist at the francos for what I know...

It would be very helpful to know if someone got an invitation last year from the waitlist.. if yes, how many?

cmiiw but there is in fact a pre-interview waitlist at the francos, some people only get an invite like... 3 days before the interview iirc

fingers crossed we’ll make it to the interviews together!! (not gonna happen for me tho but I hope nothing but the best for you~~~)

People change their minds! there are always declines for interviews. Your chances of getting an actual invite are  according to your rank on the waitlist, which unfortunately you can't know.

At the French schools it's the same thing, they just don't call it a wait list. Basically, on the official interview invite day, if you didn't get an invite or a refusal, it means you can hope for an invite until the day before the MMIs.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:53 AM, haenurplaza said:

cmiiw but there is in fact a pre-interview waitlist at the francos, some people only get an invite like... 3 days before the interview iirc

fingers crossed we’ll make it to the interviews together!! (not gonna happen for me tho but I hope nothing but the best for you~~~)

Don't be a pessimist! Why would you think that? Be positive!!! I actually think that my R score is amongst the lowest of everyone that is on the waitlist but I still keep my fingers crossed! I hope that we will make it together! :P

On 3/24/2019 at 10:13 AM, Elgar said:

People change their minds! there are always declines for interviews. Your chances of getting an actual invite are  according to your rank on the waitlist, which unfortunately you can't know.

At the French schools it's the same thing, they just don't call it a wait list. Basically, on the official interview invite day, if you didn't get an invite or a refusal, it means you can hope for an invite until the day before the MMIs.

Okay, I understand! Thank you! Do you know people that have got an interview after being on the waitlist?

1 hour ago, LouLou19 said:

Okay, I understand! Thank you! Do you know people that have got an interview after being on the waitlist?

I don't personally know someone who got an invite from the WL, but some people on the forum have in the past. 

Archived