Premed 101 Forums

Help: withdrawal from class 4th year?

Okay so I’m 4th year UG and I’m thinking of withdrawing from a class, which means I won’t graduate this spring, but in fall. I’m not too worried about my delayed graduation, I was taking extra courses next fall anyway but how are Ws brought up in med interviews :/ 

it’s my only W and it’s not just bc I’m flunking the class to maintain a good gpa, I already have 2 C’s and a fair amount of B’s and so I’m borderline at a competitive gpa, 3.8ish

I’m sitting at a B-, but that’s only bc of my assignment, I got 50-60% range in my midterms, which supposedly are what the final is like.  I feel like the most I could do in a B- and a pretty good chance I’ll get a C. 

Ugh probably seems dumb but advice would be appreciated.

18 minutes ago, Bambi said:

Rosie, it’s not a biggie and if it may help you, go for it without thinking twice. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply :) Do you know if interviewers ask about specific grades in panel? I feel like I need to prepare my self 

The trade-off you may be making dropping the course is losing ability to use weighted wGPA at U of T.    Do you have full course load in years 1-4 ?  If you drop that course you can still apply to U of T but using your cGPA only.   If you keep it,  you can drop 8 half courses from your wGPA.      Review where you will apply and how they treat a full course load.

21 hours ago, Meridian said:

The trade-off you may be making dropping the course is losing ability to use weighted wGPA at U of T.    Do you have full course load in years 1-4 ?  If you drop that course you can still apply to U of T but using your cGPA only.   If you keep it,  you can drop 8 half courses from your wGPA.      Review where you will apply and how they treat a full course load.

Appreciate the reply, I feel like I’m going ahead with the W, hopefully won’t affect me much for UofA and UofC

Archived