Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist post-interview 2019 discussion

I kept track of the waitlist movement for last year's cycle (2018 admissions). If I remember correctly, the waitlist went to #14 in 2017. 

Next potential offer…

April 18th: 5

April 30th: 6

May 9th: 9

May 17th: 10

May 18th: 12

May 23rd: 14

May 31st: 15

June 1st: 23

June 7th: 24

June 27th: 25

July 6th: 26

July 31st: 27

August 6th: 28

Good luck to everyone on the list. I know how you feel but just know that it's not over until it's over. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

19 hours ago, Soon2BeMD said:

I kept track of the waitlist movement for last year's cycle (2018 admissions). If I remember correctly, the waitlist went to #14 in 2017. 

Next potential offer…

April 18th: 5

April 30th: 6

May 9th: 9

May 17th: 10

May 18th: 12

May 23rd: 14

May 31st: 15

June 1st: 23

June 7th: 24

June 27th: 25

July 6th: 26

July 31st: 27

August 6th: 28

Good luck to everyone on the list. I know how you feel but just know that it's not over until it's over. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Last year was really unusually high! Not trying to stamp on anybody's dreams, but from what I remember it can basically go anywhere from ~5 to ~25 most years, with higher than that being possible but unlikely. Still, you never know! 

5 minutes ago, ridcullylives said:

Last year was really unusually high! Not trying to stamp on anybody's dreams, but from what I remember it can basically go anywhere from ~5 to ~25 most years, with higher than that being possible but unlikely. Still, you never know! 

What about the OOP waitlist?

1 hour ago, nutrition_nut said:

Thanks :) just to clarify - at that point offer 10 had not yet been made?

Yea at that point the most recent offer had gone to number 9. I did not receive an offer before I took myself off the waitlist. I can't speak to what happened to the applicants after #10 as I stopped following McGill's website.

1 hour ago, MFB said:

Does our number on Minerva change each time?

My number hasn't changed. Yours? I don't know if it will. Cause it would get confusing if "Next potential offer to #2" but the original #2 becomes #1 after the first waitlist offer. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. Cause I'd really like to know too.