Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist post-interview 2019 discussion

On 6/13/2019 at 12:36 AM, SerratiaS said:

Already came to terms with it. So surprised about this and very disheartened. It baffles me to see the other categories move so much yet the IP has not. 

I heard of a few people who removed themselves off the waitlist but it seems like it hasn't been updated yet.

2 hours ago, Dodo said:

My deferral request was approved today! IP waitlist should move soon

Maybe the spot will go to someone from the IP pool who interviewed with med-P and was waitlisted ahead of those already on the IP waitlist; Just my theory!!! Or does anyone know how those that interview later factor in?

Here's how I see it it: Let's assume 10 candidates interview with medP, 5 get straight acceptances and 5 get waitlisted and rank between candidates 5 and 6 (for simplicity purposes) of the current waitlist, which leads to the 1st 5 candidates on the current waitlist to get accepted causing and instant 5 spot movement on the waitlist. But then the candidate on position 6 of the current waitlist now has 5 other candidates ahead of them without knowing, so whenever a spot opens up, those 5 candidates get the spot and this repeats 5 times before the current waitlist see any movement when a 6th spot opens up. This will then seem like the waitlist is not moving at all when in fact it is moving in the background. Again, this is all theory, lol. Maybe someone knows where late interviewees go and is up to share?

1 hour ago, Unstoppable said:

Maybe the spot will go to someone from the IP pool who interviewed with med-P and was waitlisted ahead of those already on the IP waitlist; Just my theory!!! Or does anyone know how those that interview later factor in?

Here's how I see it it: Let's assume 10 candidates interview with medP, 5 get straight acceptances and 5 get waitlisted and rank between candidates 5 and 6 (for simplicity purposes) of the current waitlist, which leads to the 1st 5 candidates on the current waitlist to get accepted causing and instant 5 spot movement on the waitlist. But then the candidate on position 6 of the current waitlist now has 5 other candidates ahead of them without knowing, so whenever a spot opens up, those 5 candidates get the spot and this repeats 5 times before the current waitlist see any movement when a 6th spot opens up. This will then seem like the waitlist is not moving at all when in fact it is moving in the background. Again, this is all theory, lol. Maybe someone knows where late interviewees go and is up to share?

I didn't follow that hypothetical at all, but Med-P and IP are completely separate streams. One waitlist has no effect on the other, and no candidate can apply to both.

1 minute ago, Hellothere77 said:

I didn't follow that hypothetical at all, but Med-P and IP are completely separate streams. One waitlist has no effect on the other, and no candidate can apply to both.

Some IP candidates interview later when MedPs interview. Those are the IP candidates I am referring to, not MedP candidates. My hypothesis does not involve MedPs.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Unstoppable said:

I didn't! Did you? Does such thing exist?

Well, I did recieve it, but I am a med-p applicant. All med-ps recieved it I think. I was just wondering whether other categories recieved it as well. The email basically asked us to confirm whether we still want to stay on the waitlist or not.

• 9 months later...