Premed 101 Forums

2 hours ago, medabe said:

Does anybody know how much the interview is worth for Schulich? Is it 100% interview? Or do they factor in other things (Reference letters, GPA, MCAT,?) and if so, in what proportion?

I don't think anyone really knows now. I asked this question a while back and I was told that a long time ago it was 50% interview, 25% GPA, 25% MCAT. This was like 10 years ago or something though so maybe now it's like 50% interview, 16.6% GPA, 16.6% MCAT and now 16.6% aABS but I just made that up so it's probably completely wrong lol. I also emailed Schulich to ask this but they never replied.

tl;dr - nobody knows

21 hours ago, mothernature said:

I don't think anyone really knows now. I asked this question a while back and I was told that a long time ago it was 50% interview, 25% GPA, 25% MCAT. This was like 10 years ago or something though so maybe now it's like 50% interview, 16.6% GPA, 16.6% MCAT and now 16.6% aABS but I just made that up so it's probably completely wrong lol. I also emailed Schulich to ask this but they never replied.

tl;dr - nobody knows

thanks is right - now officially knows ha :) Those original numbers are from a 2004 powerpoint presentation if I recall - say so 15 years old in a system that changes every 2-3 years. 

We know that in one of the official dean reports from a while back there was mention of an additional SWOMEN "bonus" being used to the final score. What we don't know is much about how it is really done today except by inference from those that actually get accepted. 

The school has no particular interest in telling anyone of course what exactly it is doing - gives them no advantage and actually disadvantages them (people would adjust their strategies to maximize things which is usually not what a school really wants) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was so stressed out before the MMI that I only slept 3 hours. I become stupid when I'm tired. I had to read the prompt many times before understanding it... I know my performance would have been a lot better If i had slept well. :(

1 hour ago, Lala said:

I was so stressed out before the MMI that I only slept 3 hours. I become stupid when I'm tired. I had to read the prompt many times before understanding it... I know my performance would have been a lot better If i had slept well. :(

I think you're on the wrong school thread?