Premed 101 Forums

For re-applicants who got in this year! (DMD)

medreamer

Hey guys,

This year was my first year applying to McGill and fortunately I got an interview for DMD, but was refused post-interview. I asked for my ranking and it's very clear that my science prereqs were the reason for refusal because my interview ranking was fairly high. But I also got to see my pre-interview rankings and I can see that I barely made it for the interview in the first place. So.. now im a little scared i wont get an interview next year... Can any re-applicants give some insights on what they did to improve their application?  Im already planning on redoing my science classes this summer, and will be taking additional undergrad classes to boost my gpa further. What else could I do in terms of ECs? Does volunteering in a dental clinic help? I was sure my CV and personal statement were pretty good, but my ranking for those wasn't great either.. although my CV is already pretty full but with a lot of things unrelated to dent.. Any help would be appreciated :) thank you!!

On 3/27/2019 at 6:34 PM, medreamer said:

Hey guys,

This year was my first year applying to McGill and fortunately I got an interview for DMD, but was refused post-interview. I asked for my ranking and it's very clear that my science prereqs were the reason for refusal because my interview ranking was fairly high. But I also got to see my pre-interview rankings and I can see that I barely made it for the interview in the first place. So.. now im a little scared i wont get an interview next year... Can any re-applicants give some insights on what they did to improve their application?  Im already planning on redoing my science classes this summer, and will be taking additional undergrad classes to boost my gpa further. What else could I do in terms of ECs? Does volunteering in a dental clinic help? I was sure my CV and personal statement were pretty good, but my ranking for those wasn't great either.. although my CV is already pretty full but with a lot of things unrelated to dent.. Any help would be appreciated :) thank you!!

did they tell you your actual interview ranking?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived