Premed 101 Forums

Hi Everyone,

As the MMI comes nearer I was wondering if people who have given it in the past or who are planning to give it can share what their experience was like and what kind of mindset helped them to approach it.

Also what makes Alberta's program unique? Why have you applied there (Apart from convenience of location)

Andddd... which location have you applied to and why?

I look forward to hearing from and engaging with all of you <3

everyone has different approaches to the MMI. personal reflection of qualities and experiences is the best bet (other than general knowledge about PT competencies and basic issues related to the profession). 

U of A is the known physio school in canada for emphasis on MSK/orthopaedics. Dr. Magee, (the author of the golden standard MSK text that every medical profession across canada uses)  is a recently retired professor of the program.  His philosophies of teaching are still present and idealized, as his graduate students are now our professors .

hope this helped. 

On 4/1/2019 at 6:26 PM, BCPT said:

everyone has different approaches to the MMI. personal reflection of qualities and experiences is the best bet (other than general knowledge about PT competencies and basic issues related to the profession). 

U of A is the known physio school in canada for emphasis on MSK/orthopaedics. Dr. Magee, (the author of the golden standard MSK text that every medical profession across canada uses)  is a recently retired professor of the program.  His philosophies of teaching are still present and idealized, as his graduate students are now our professors .

hope this helped. 

Thanks so much for sharing this information. I will definitely research more about Dr. Magee. From what I have read, I feel that U of A has influenced the way PT is taught in a lot of universities, so what you have mentioned makes a lot of sense.

Have you studied at U of A? 

Archived