Premed 101 Forums

References Contacted 2018/2019

On 4/10/2019 at 7:32 PM, i8aSS said:

Doesn't it mean that as an IP your overall score was high enough for them to check your reference? I'm asking for insight b/c the way I see it is that I do not think it would be a good use of their time by contacting every person who only passed the interview when there is a chance that some of them might not have a high enough overall score to be accepted or on WL. Your thoughts?

I'm not completely sure, but the waitlist can move pretty quick, so I think it would be in their best interests to make reference calls to all applicants that passed the interview so they can quickly go down the list as offers get accepted and declined. 

22 hours ago, Rachellanna said:

Why would they call references for IP applicants that aren't going to be offered a spot or even waitlisted? Seems like a waste of their time. Also does anyone know if they contact references in any specific order or is it just random?

My last name starts with an R and 2 of my references were contacted last Wednesday. 

On 4/14/2019 at 2:03 PM, YoungBoiMedHopeful said:

Would you guys happen to know when is the last possible date the CoM contacts your references till? I am an IP applicant. I've been told that some of my friends have gotten theirs contacted whereas some haven't. I just need to know when I can start worrying haha 

I'm IP and haven't had any contacted

On 4/16/2019 at 10:17 AM, Jay&Dan said:

I'm IP and haven't had any contacted

On 4/16/2019 at 10:47 AM, YoungBoiMedHopeful said:

Two of my references got contacted yesterday! I guess they are just taking their time working down the list so don't worry. I'm sure you'll be up soon. 

What day were your interviews.

2 hours ago, killingmesoftly said:

Has anybody had all 3 references contacted? Is there a reason why they would contact all 3? 

I'm sure people have had all 3 references contacted but it's not the norm. Most people only get 2 contacted. They use references as a "rule-out" so if the CoM isn't satisfied with what they got from your first two references for whatever reason, they'll move on to the third. I don't believe getting all 3 of your references contacted works against you though! 

On 4/19/2019 at 11:40 AM, heeach said:

Any one who interviewed Sunday Morning or afternoon had their references contacted yet?. Were you first time or repeat applicant?

I was Sunday morning and 2 of my references have been contacted. First time applicant IP