Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ricekrispies

Post Interview Feelings 2019

Honestly, it's always hard to gauge; considering all 4 stations I thought I did mediocre overall. I thought time went by really quickly at each station, and it felt more like a conversation rather than an interrogation lol. For 2 of them I talked all the way to the end, for another 2 I had time to ask the interviewers a question. 

I'm curious as to what other people think about interviewer behaviour/reactions. Like, how fake are they? If you get an interviewer that says "I think that was a really good answer" or at the end of the interview says "I think you'd make a great addition to the program" should these be taken seriously or is it just the interviewer trying to be nice without actually meaning what they say?

It was awesome man. They were so kind. Much better than westerns imho, more professional too. One station was hard af but overall, it was a great experience. I had one interviewer tell me i answered the questions very well. I had another interviewer tell me that the time with me flew by. The last interviewer was stone-faced and pressed hard on my answers. She wasn't impressed but it is what is. 

The interviewers are always quite pleasant at UofT in my opinion but I found some of the questions pretty loaded. I thought the question stem would just be the hard one then they kept the guns firing and I grew super exhausted and had a headache by the time the interview ended. I can barely remember if I had any positive feedback but I feel like I vaguely remember some. Felt great coming out of it but Im flipping back and forth and identifying weaknesses/points I could have added on.

lol I was waiting for someone to make this discussion thread... I was on the very first weekend. 

I had mixed feelings about it. The first station was kinda tough. the interviewer was pretty disengaged, was staring out the window and overall was really nit-picking at stuff I would say. This really through me off. But towards the end I really felt as if I gained my stride and was finally able to give him a decent answer. He ended the interview by saying, "that was very insightful" ... lol so I guess thats good?? 

The next station was a lot better. The interviewer was extremely friendly... he was like finishing my sentences and stuff lol. we even talked a bit about his career in medicine. 

The next station, the interviewer again was very friendly. I was telling this story and it was going horribly. At the end of the story, she was all like, "wow that was a amazing story!" and I was like wot? anyways this helped me gain some confidence and the rest went well. 

For the final station the interviewer was meh again. the interviewer was a lot more serious and didn't give any reaction. I felt like I missed saying some important things in this station. We were able to talk about her career afterwards. 

Overall I felt it went okay. When I came out, I was surprised to hear that many of the other interviewees found it pretty tough and were pretty down... at least the ones that I spoke to. I didn't feel mine went that bad tho! I'm interested to see how other people found it. 

U of T was the most pleasant interview for me, two of the interviewers were really chill, welcoming and nice. The two others were neutral. None gave me feedback, but sometimes they went off script to ask me a completely unrelated question about something I mentioned (i.e. when me and the interviewer did the same sport!)

Had my interview today! :)

The experience was great and interviewers were very friendly. I was able to get along really well with two of my interviewers, sort of with one, and meh with the last one. Overall, very conversational and different from the other interviews I've done. I guess the countdown to May 14 begins now....

Though overall that I did well (best one I've had this cycle). Was able to really connect well with 2 interviewers. I think I gave good answers in every station and even though the last interviewer was very blunt and flat-faced, i could tell he was curious and asked off-script questions regarding my experiences.

Now just a waiting game! At least I know if it doesn't work out, I gave it my all!