Premed 101 Forums

When do you think offers will be sent out this year?

2 hours ago, Imreadytogethurtagain said:

Interviews just past but based on how early offers were sent out last year, I am on edge this month... Anyone else feel like they're going to drop it on us early again this year?

I do feel like they will notify us earlier than the beginning of May (or at least I hope so!) - they sent out invite invitations earlier than expected this year too. Hopefully this rollercoaster ride is coming to an end soon :D

Catching up on video games, books, podcasts, gymming, eating, working. Literally anything to just not think about it

2 hours ago, eal said:

I am actually having nightmares about my interview now. The closer it gets to May, the worse my sleep! What are you guys and gals doing to distract yourselves?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 7:42 AM, Imreadytogethurtagain said:

Since last year's offers were sent out on Friday, April 20th, my money is on Friday, April 26th this year since the Friday before is Easter!

Or what if they come out today? :blink: I don’t think university offices are closed on Easter Monday... only Good Friday is a STAT holiday. 

53 minutes ago, ATG4B said:

Thanks! Any idea when they posted that? I emailed them without seeing that ;) 

If you get any new information please post it here. I still wonder if early May actually means early May, or could be any day now. Last year Dr. Walker had posted at the end of March on his blog that he expected offers would be sent out before the end of the first week of May. They ended up being sent on April 20th. 

Nobody will find out when offers will be sent out until they are actually sent out. I repeat- nobody. Unless you are on the admissions committee, there is no way to know - and nobody from the admissions committee will tell you. I don't think there is any special day that they decide, I really think it just happens when they've made the final decision and are ready to contact applicants. It sucks but that's just how it goes  

Treat this like a real life exercise. Every job offer I was waiting for in my career, it would be like "Sometime in the next two weeks". Okay cool, but what if I get another offer from that other interview next week and nothing from them, hard to get a full week of extension to accept (only reason to do that is if you're waiting for something better) and can sour a relationship before it's even started. With that in mind, good luck to y'all. I know the waiting sucks, but that's how it works as @psychsohard has mentioned. Enjoy life as much as you can in the meantime.

40 minutes ago, tehol123 said:

Lol which one of you badgered them enough that they had to send out the email? But props to them, I appreciate the information. So sick of waiting though.

Agreed! I think it’s also worse because offers came out early last year, so everyone was secretly hoping for the same this year. I have a feeling they may be trying to time it closer with UBC and the Ontario schools so that they can give a quicker acceptance deadline and try to move the waitlist faster, since classes do start at the beginning of July. 

I am glad they sent the email out. It would be nice if it was like other schools where you knew far in advance that it will be a specific date. Calgary has had admissions offers sent out between April 20 and May 15 over the last decade. That’s quite the range, so I think it’s understandable that people get anxious waiting and wondering. Fingers crossed they do come out next week. The wording of the email makes it sound like it may actually be later then that. 

51 minutes ago, yyc said:

I am glad they sent the email out. It would be nice if it was like other schools where you knew far in advance that it will be a specific date. Calgary has had admissions offers sent out between April 20 and May 15 over the last decade. That’s quite the range, so I think it’s understandable that people get anxious waiting and wondering. Fingers crossed they do come out next week. The wording of the email makes it sound like it may actually be later then that. 

Agreed, its very possible that it could be later.